Reaching into the past...

balmunng

Ok, so here's a rather interesting(If not noobish) question regarding the new creation kit we just got:

"Can we import mods from previous games(Like Oblivion) into skyrim at all?"

So far, it looks like the answer is looking dim...

Edited by balmunng

I'm still getting a grasp on the tools and such, but I'm thinking not exactly. The mods alter data that isn't present in Skyrim, I guess if it was something like a weapon the references used could be updated or ported in somehow. But like I said, not sure. Someone with more knowledge on the subject could answer it best. The files may have the same extension but their actual formatting may be different.

Well, I just tried importing some weapon graphics from one of Oblivion's mods, and unless I did it wrong, its not working.

The errors I get as fallows:

Textures: (null) : (null) is missing a diffuse map

Textures: (null) : (null) is missing a normal map

MASTERFILE: (BSStream Error) NIF BSversion is too old in meshes\weapons\One-Winged Angel\KHOneWingedAngel.nif.

So I will assume that, graphics wise, you might need to start from scratch.

Edited by balmunng

I'm no expert in the matter, but when trying to use meshes from old resources I used in oblivion I get error that the file type is outdated.

I believe you can still use old meshes, I get the error that says that the file type is outdated, but if you revisit the models in the newer versions of, say, blender you might be able to use the old meshes in skyrim without starting over.

Again, not and expert, just figured it should be possible ;)