Fallout 3/NV Enemy NPC bulls***

ZengarZonvolt

so ive been doing some searches on Google and im getting nothing but bullshit like TV Tropes clikcbaits and Gamefaqs nonsense in the matter but why the crap the NPC in any Bethesda game ranges from stupid, to very stupid, to outright bullshit. just a couple minutes ago, im fighting a pack of jetted out raiders and how the f*#@ can they dodge my attack from an M60 with just a sidestep? i dont have that kind of luxury so why can they? also how can they instakill me at level 5? was that fair? and the worst part is, at times you get massacred by a bunch of them in one sitting. how can i play a legit cheat free game when the enemies varies that much that you dont know what can kill you because of bullshit and what you can kill because the AI maybe bugged out? can someone answer this please im tired of filtering bullshit in Google Search.

Oh dear. Well, for some reason, Bethesda likes to give certain humanoid enemies this "side-step" move. It can be annoying when you've charged a carefully planned shot/arrow only for them to do an "M.J" and moonwalk to the side immediately. This is a very frustrating thing indeed. I'm coming up on 1000 hours playtime of Skyrim and this thing happens very often.

This shouldn't come as a surprise for those who've played Bethesda games before though, so if this is your first time playing one then let me be the first to bid you welcome, for it's not a bug. The "side-step" thing is deliberate, designed by Bethesda. Now, when it comes to your difficulty issue, I would recommend avoiding big scary things like Deathclaws and Yao Guais. Also Cazadores. Don't let their size fool you, those little shits are your worst enemy.

There's not really anything to do about this other than to improve. "Git Gud" so to speak. The game really isn't that difficult once you figure some stuff out. Good luck.

EDIT: Also, I think you've posted this in the wrong forum since it's game specific. You can find both NV and FO3 in this list

Edited by Skagens

so ive been doing some searches on Google and im getting nothing but bulls*** like TV Tropes clikcbaits and Gamefaqs nonsense in the matter but why the crap the NPC in any Bethesda game ranges from stupid, to very stupid, to outright bulls***. just a couple minutes ago, im fighting a pack of jetted out raiders and how the f*** can they dodge my attack from an M60 with just a sidestep? i dont have that kind of luxury so why can they? also how can they instakill me at level 5? was that fair? and the worst part is, at times you get massacred by a bunch of them in one sitting. how can i play a legit cheat free game when the enemies varies that much that you dont know what can kill you because of bulls*** and what you can kill because the AI maybe bugged out? can someone answer this please im tired of filtering bulls*** in Google Search.

I don't like to use VATS unless i'm out numbered and even then i prefer to simply reduce their numbers then pull out.I prefer to use cover and strafing to counter their attacks.When i come upon a site that is overrun with the enemy my first attempt to deal with them is by taking cover and using stealth.More often than not if you fire on them then seek cover they will come look for you and you can take them out one at a time.It takes longer than going in like Clint Eastwood but you're far more likely to survive.

• 1 month later...

its been a while since ive visited my own post and im surprised more people posted stuff and its quite intruiging. just to add up, im also suffering from low framerate issue to well, a couple of things, primarily, modding and obsidian butchering gamebryo, a buggy engine already, and thats the result. yes i have both the 4gb patch and stutter remover but my pc is only 4gb so that doesnt help. it does to an extent, it can keep my game running at ranges of 10~30fps tops. at worst, it goes to 1~5fps. and thats the main reason im having a hard time playing FNV, i have to deal with stutters from too crowded places and npc side-steps. now in my defense, ive seen this phenomena in skyrim and fo3 as well, and ive dealt with it much MUCH more gracefully. see even at 200 mods(about 10 of them merged to save space), both fo3 and skyrim doesnt lag at all. imagine that. my fo3 and skyrim, running at at a steady 60fps(i dont know if its a smooth 30 or just good 60fps) and not a single lag. when i see a bandit sid-step my attack, i know i messed up somehow, i got seen or i just missed. but in FNV, i cant even fight back at low 10fps during firefights. and i did some test, 20 raiders spawned inside super-duper mart, my fps ranges from 30~50fps(just 10fps drop). i did the same at fnv, 20 powder gangers inside the bison steves. it goes to pot, like 5~20fps and about 2~3 crashes and 1 out-of-memory. :(

its been a while since ive visited my own post and im surprised more people posted stuff and its quite intruiging. just to add up, im also suffering from low framerate issue to well, a couple of things, primarily, modding and obsidian butchering gamebryo, a buggy engine already, and thats the result. yes i have both the 4gb patch and stutter remover but my pc is only 4gb so that doesnt help. it does to an extent, it can keep my game running at ranges of 10~30fps tops. at worst, it goes to 1~5fps. and thats the main reason im having a hard time playing FNV, i have to deal with stutters from too crowded places and npc side-steps. now in my defense, ive seen this phenomena in skyrim and fo3 as well, and ive dealt with it much MUCH more gracefully. see even at 200 mods(about 10 of them merged to save space), both fo3 and skyrim doesnt lag at all. imagine that. my fo3 and skyrim, running at at a steady 60fps(i dont know if its a smooth 30 or just good 60fps) and not a single lag. when i see a bandit sid-step my attack, i know i messed up somehow, i got seen or i just missed. but in FNV, i cant even fight back at low 10fps during firefights. and i did some test, 20 raiders spawned inside super-duper mart, my fps ranges from 30~50fps(just 10fps drop). i did the same at fnv, 20 powder gangers inside the bison steves. it goes to pot, like 5~20fps and about 2~3 crashes and 1 out-of-memory. :sad:

I find the sidestep thing really annoying personally, but, have simply learned to live with it. I mean, seriously, I have a lovely sneak attack, from pretty good range, but, the enemy can anticipate my move, and step JUST as I release the string? That's BS. :)

I didn't have any trouble running NV. The engine really isn't that much changed from FO3. There must be something else interfering with the game while you are playing. 4gb RAM should be plenty for it.

its been a while since ive visited my own post and im surprised more people posted stuff and its quite intruiging. just to add up, im also suffering from low framerate issue to well, a couple of things, primarily, modding and obsidian butchering gamebryo, a buggy engine already, and thats the result. yes i have both the 4gb patch and stutter remover but my pc is only 4gb so that doesnt help. it does to an extent, it can keep my game running at ranges of 10~30fps tops. at worst, it goes to 1~5fps. and thats the main reason im having a hard time playing FNV, i have to deal with stutters from too crowded places and npc side-steps. now in my defense, ive seen this phenomena in skyrim and fo3 as well, and ive dealt with it much MUCH more gracefully. see even at 200 mods(about 10 of them merged to save space), both fo3 and skyrim doesnt lag at all. imagine that. my fo3 and skyrim, running at at a steady 60fps(i dont know if its a smooth 30 or just good 60fps) and not a single lag. when i see a bandit sid-step my attack, i know i messed up somehow, i got seen or i just missed. but in FNV, i cant even fight back at low 10fps during firefights. and i did some test, 20 raiders spawned inside super-duper mart, my fps ranges from 30~50fps(just 10fps drop). i did the same at fnv, 20 powder gangers inside the bison steves. it goes to pot, like 5~20fps and about 2~3 crashes and 1 out-of-memory. :sad:

Wow,yeah you need to upgrade,you can't blame Bethesda on that.I hope you can afford to upgrade soon for you're missing out on quite a lot.