Too many Settlers.

Winterfox140

I installed a few mods for the first time and everything was running smoothly until I noticed that I have way too many settlers in most of my settlements now, I am talking 30-40. The issue is, I have no idea which mod is causing this issue. I've looked over the few mods I have and none seem to mention and increase in settler population cap. Are there any widely used mods that cause this that I just don't know about?

And make sure you don't have one of those spinning radar dish things anywhere. I thought they were just decorative and looked cool on top of a guard post but they actually recruit settlers and use radiant power so even if they are not wired up they are still working.

Wearing armor or clothes that have the sharp enchantment will raise your charisma higher than 10 or 11 which causes MOAR settlers to live at your settlements plus any mods that raise charisma like that toilet and shower mod. Best thing to do is get a mod that shelters all beds as long as they are built in a shelter of some kind and get your settlers up to between 24 and 26 depending on the location. Some places like taffington or covenant can't handle more than 20 settlers without major fps drops.

If you have set your charm to 99 through console command you're bound to get way more settlers than normal. But that's about all I can think of without a mod that allows for more settlers. I have one that allows up to 500 settlers per settlement but the highest I've ever got was 72 (at Boston Airport, of all places).

If and when you have asettlement where you think you've got enough settlers, just switch off the radio beacon tower/dish/whatever you're using.

And make sure you don't have one of those spinning radar dish things anywhere. I thought they were just decorative and looked cool on top of a guard post but they actually recruit settlers and use radiant power so even if they are not wired up they are still working.

What radar dish things? From DLC, vanilla, or a mod? I've got all the DLC...

... send some my way!! ;)

I have just the opposite issue. I WANT MORE ... as I have beds, housing, food, water and security to take out an army of Deathclaws - Super Mutants and 1,000 Raiders!

BRING IT ON!!

But I cannot get more settlers and no I'm not maxed and yes my Charisma is ' good '. :)

.. Jj ...

What radar dish things? From DLC, vanilla, or a mod? I've got all the DLC...

These are in Power > SOE Pack > Misc The one on the right is the one I used , it rotates but the one on the left is stationary.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/Images/73918/?