Odd problem, Skyrim not showing mods

711Savior

Alright, so, I went through the tutorial with the Creation Kit, works like a dream. Saved my mod and all that, but, when I go to load them up under "Data files" in skyrim, only the main skyrim is there. My mods are in Local Disc C:\Program Files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data

When I hope data files in skyrim, only Skyrim.esm is there

I'm quite lost, anyone help?

You need to move your directory out of Program Files(x86) or run as Administrator. The Windows 7 Security Protocols UAC is prohibiting the change to you game.

Rabbit

Do you mean run the Skyrimlauncher.exe as administrator? If so, I've tried this to no avail. Now I've copied the skyrim folder to the deskktop, put my mods in the new data folder, ran it as administrator, and still nothing.

Edited by 711Savior

Strange, not everyone seems to behaving this problem. My test mod loaded up fine on data files. Have you tried using NMM to work your plugins?

My problem is more that I don't know how to do anything (I is a n00b), and the thing I wanted to start with isn't included in any tutorials yet. -_- (That being spell creation)

If plugins won't stay activated, or simply fail to work after activating them, first make sure the plugins.txt (and DLClist.txt) files, under the \Skyrim\ folder located at C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\ on XP or C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Local\ on Vista/7 are writable by opening their properties and unchecking the tick mark box for "read only". Then go back into NMM and reactivate them. If they still won't work you may have a UAC issue. Some people have issues where the mod will properly appear in plugins.txt after activating it through NMM but then as soon as they launch Skyrim, it disappears again. I've yet to find the cause for this as I don't experience it, but making plugins.txt read only again after activating plugins via NMM will prevent Skyrim from removing them and they should work. Unfortunately, you'll have to make it writable, activate plugin(s), then make it read only again every time you add another plugin in the future.

If you're on Vista/7, Steam (and therefore Skyrim) is installed in the default (C:\Program Files) location, and you're having problems with replacers or simply mods (plugins) not working at all, even though you've activated them in NMM, or mods refusing to deactivate, even though all of their files have been removed, then you most likely have a UAC problem. It is possible to turn off UAC though it's not recommended for the vast majority of Windows users. To get around UAC without turning it completely off you'll need to move Steam to a location UAC does not affect (C:\Games\ is a commonly used location). This will most likely break any 3rd party utilities such as NMM as it will leave old registry keys behind that point to the location you originally installed Skyrim in. If you come across this issue, you'll have to uninstall Skyrim, clean the old registry keys, reboot, then reinstall Skyrim. I personally recommend using Revo Uninstaller as if you uninstall Skyrim through it, it will automatically scan for and ask if you'd like to delete old registry keys. If you're interested in keeping your old mods, config files, and/or saved games, tips found in Bben's Oblivion Reinstall Procedure work for Skyrim as well.

Strange, not everyone seems to behaving this problem. My test mod loaded up fine on data files. Have you tried using NMM to work your plugins?

My problem is more that I don't know how to do anything (I is a n00b), and the thing I wanted to start with isn't included in any tutorials yet. -_- (That being spell creation)

Yes, I have tried this. It refuses to recognize the .esp file, as in, I can't load it in to the mod manager.

If your .esp plugin is located in the correct folder (\Skyrim\Data\) it should automatically be listed in the plugins tab of NMM assuming you gave NMM the right directory to your Skyrim installation when you installed it. Edited by MShoap13

If your .esp plugin is located in the correct folder (\Skyrim\Data\) it should automatically be listed in the plugins tab of NMM assuming you gave NMM the right directory to your Skyrim installation when you installed it.

All of this is correct, triple checked. Have to say Bethesda...not impressed so far.

NMM has nothing to do with Bethesda. Did you read my 1st post in this thread? It should cover all the bases for plugin activation issues short of you not being able to get NMM to show plugins in the plugins tab.

NMM has nothing to do with Bethesda. Did you read my 1st post in this thread? It should cover all the bases for plugin activation issues short of you not being able to get NMM to show plugins in the plugins tab.

Yes sir / maam I have, I tried all of that, even turned off my UAC, still, however, my esp file will not appear in NMM, nor in the Skyrim Data when you launch it.

This could be ....100% of the issue. When I attempt to untick "Read only" from a folder, it always goes back to being read only. Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow.

Also Mshoap13 Thank you for your help/

Edited by 711Savior