[LE] An issue with trees & rocks...

Greetings...

So, I'm using several textures "combos" for my personal guide-mod setup. Here are pics:

http://imgur.com/a/qPvwy

For "flora", I'm using "SFO", "Aspen Trees" (4k), "Bigger Trees" & "Grass of Steroids" (odrim). My issue with the trees are the following:

1) From distance, the trees are SUPER-GORGEOUS... but when I'm closing REALLY near-by, the textures are NOT ...4K, not at all. The same with tree-leaves. In close distance, the have low res!... The rest "flora" is super-amazing! WHY this with trees?

2) Again for trees... in Mills, when you're going to that chopped piles of trees... the "around" texture of the trees is super-fine, but the CUTTER edge of them is not, has low res!

3) About the rocks... all are fine... except when I'm going to climb a mountain or I'm going up an abandoned ruined tower. When I'm close-by, the texture is not so great as the rest rocks! How to fix that, what to change?

A common misconception about texture sizes, '2k' and '4k', is that applying a high resolution map to a surface will automatically look high detail at most distances. The issue is however, that a lot of the times the detail of the object can rely on the uv map and how the texture is applied to the object. So while ur texture may be 4k, the uv map may be tiled in such a way that doesn't make use of the full texture size efficiently. This is more on the original artist who made the model rather than the texture artist.

You can get away with some seamless tiled models like mountain nifs or trees by doubling the size of the uv map in nifskope. On the other end of it thou, increasing the scale of the uv does create weird tiling issues where it becomes way more obvious where the seams on your texture start and end. It's a balancing act. Right click on the NiTrishape and go on Texture > Edit UV. Select all verts on uv, right click and scale.

I was following (understanding) the first part... but completely "lost" on the second.

Okay... I opened several "SFO" tree dds files. Most of the TEXTURES are not so 4K (they're less), but their "pump" same files they are. So... should I (via console command) try to resize (smaller) the tree, to see if the texture matching better?