About changing monsters meshes

zdzichorowerzysta

One problem with this, I'm trying to modify an collar by replacing the mesh.

I'm able to make changes to existing meshes and get this into the game,

However this require replacing the existing mesh with an new one, pretty much that you are doing on the horse. My original mesh consist of two groups, so does my new one.

I followed the instructions, had problems adding BSDismemberSkin, thought I got it BSDismemberSkinInstance did not show up, I then tried to copy it in nifskope and add shading but it did not show up in editor.

Any tips for this?

Also how do I get texturing on new meshes? Can I just copy an another nodes SDLightingShaderProperties? Uses an metallic tileless texture here.

Hello magnemoe,

I hope I understood your workflow right: ;)

the BSDismember-Part must be there when exporting and it has to show up in Nifskope. You cannot copy it from another NIF-File because it is directly generated for your specific new mesh shape. Be sure to change the Body Part Value in it to 30.

For adding textures to new parts (if you are using 3D Studio Max):

You have to add the Unwrap UVW modifier and do some UV work (this can be very time consuming), here is one of the best tutorials I've ever found for this (you probably need to download the VEOH player for its following tutorials):

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v1691441PgJrJDGd?h1=OMS+-+Part+09a+-+Unwrapping+UVs+for+Organic+Models

When your UV mapping is done, export a template of the UV and paint the additional graphics on the texture in an image editor.

Best regards,

Gary

Edited by Gary3