The Adventures Of Skyrim: Alternate Reality: 20 Years Later

mythicdawnmaster

After a long while, Annabeth and Kristoph made it to Ivarstead. It was quiet, too quiet for a city with Outsiders. When they arrived at the entrance to the city, Kristoph just stood there.

"What's wrong?" Annabeth asked.

"Nothing. Just... follow me," Kristoph replied. He walked over to the edge of town and kneeled down, dusting the grass away to reveal a slot that would fit a hand. Kristoph put his hand there and turned it. As he retracted his hand, the ground opened, revealing several arrows, an enchanted bow, some heavier armor of Kristoph's variant, and on the ground, words were visible, engraved very neatly and clearly. The beginning of it was marked with a shadowmark that meant guild.

"Take the bow, quiver, and armor," he said. Annabeth blinked.

"I'm confused. Do you have things like this everywhere?" she asked.

"No. Read the tablet," Kristoph replied. Annabeth looked over it, and it simply read:

Whoever is reading this, I wish to make it known that the world's problems will never be fixed. There are always evil people out there, plotting to kill. Don't try to change it. I only write this to let you know that you should live freely, not under one's rule. The law is no limit. Pass it, and enjoy the rush of life. Treat everyone kindly, no matter what they're beliefs. Kill the evil, and spare the good.

"What does it mean?" Annabeth asked.

"Freedom is a gift, not a choice. I wrote it long ago, when I was 18. You see, when I was 15, I was thrown into a small war that I didn't understand. No one knew of it, because of the power it was over. I served under the slavery of a man, and a group of us, me included, broke away, killing people from both sides. I still never understood what the power was, or what the war was about, but I was the center of it. I held the power, a soul gem, containing the soul of a fallen god. One could absorb it and become a god. But I didn't. I destroyed it. I still never understood who the god was, or why anyone wanted the power, and even now, I don't. But I did understand why we all broke away; freedom. We wanted to live free," Kristoph explained.

"Wait a minute, you destroyed the gem?" Annabeth asked.

"Yes. No human deserves to live with that kind of power," Kristoph replied.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Not in a mood for walking, my dear?" Shadow asked as he followed Selene and Nawen. He doesn't mind walking as long as his gear is enchanted and allows him to walk around during daytime. "There are more comfortable shoes than high heels in Tamriel you know." Nawen said as she lead the group. They're walking along the road now and the ranger dreaded to think what will Selene say later when they go through the forest.

Shadow only shook his head. Women. (Lol feels so weird writing this. XD)

Nawen rolled her eyes. How can something like fashion be so important to someone? Comfortable and practical armor or clothing as well as the footwear, that's what matters. "We will have to go through the forest..."

OOC: (Yup hiding OOC posts with the spoiler thingie.) Sinn is like Drizzt's panther Guenhwyvar. Except there's no strength draining. :biggrin:

"Lucky me." Nawen said and took the wooden statue of a panther from her pack. She mumbled something in strange language and out of nowhere her panther, Sinn appeared out of nowhere. The animal roared happily and ran off somewhere.