Standard Issue Gear

Deaddropping

Something I find aggravating is going through each individual settler and changing their equipment by hand. My mod idea is to have a system (most likely a series of containers) that automatically give the equipment inside to settlers with a certain job. For example, a locker where I can dump all the spare Combat Armor I pick up so it gets automatically distributed to my settlement guards.

• Would have a all-settlement or per-settlement versions (if people want themed settlements, I do that on occasion)
  • Have a "cheat" version where placing a full set of gear in the container gives everyone a copy of that gear (so you could easily outfit your settlers with legendary gear without insane farming)
  • Settlers are outfitted with the best equipment possible from the locker (if one is wearing t1 armor and you put in t2, the t2 is automatically equipped and the t1 is placed back in storage)
  • Weapons are distributed in a similar manner. ammunition must be placed in the locker as well, but only a single bullet will be distributed (since they have infinite ammo if they have the one)
  • Change the name from Standard Issue Gear (SIG) to something with a better acronym if you have any ideas.

I thought about that a long time ago but I haven't seen anyone doing it yet. The most effective thing for settlers is giving them better guns than crappy pipe weapons. They seem to have the worst aim with pipe weapons maybe something with really long range and some overpowered gear to increase their perception so they can hit something farther away? That might cut down on the run up to deathclaw with pipe weapon syndrome they all seem to have.