Trying to install SkyUI 2.2 using Mod Organizer

nowalking

I've been trying to install SkyUI 2.2 using MO.

1 - I downloaded SkyUI 2.2 manually

2 - I click Install a new mod from an archive in MO and select the SkyUI 2.2 Archive

3 - I get this message in the logs, but SkyUI 2.2 isn't added to my mod list at all.

13:12:47 [D] mod id guessed: SkyUI_2_2-3863-2-2.7z -> -1
13:12:47 [D] passed mod id: 0, guessed id: -1
13:12:47 [D] using mod name "SkyUI" (id 0) -> D:/Users/Pasquale/Downloads/SkyUI_2_2-3863-2-2.7z
Any help installing 2.2 with MO would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the latest MO2 2.0.8.3? I had no problems installing it.

Check Settings / General / and make sure the "Download Meta Information" box is not checked. I believe if this is checked, MO2 goes off and can get the wrong information.

Let me know how you get on.

I assume this is for SSE. If not, please ignore this post. I think the FOMOD just spazzes for some reason (did for me- maybe I should try BlueGunk's suggestion). Good news you can use MO2 with SkyUI 2.2. Works great.

Here's what I did:

1. Close MO2, and open NMM. Install like normal. You're essentially installing an "interface" folder in the SSE data folder.

2. Go through FOMOD and get the version you like with the fonts and stuff you prefer.
3. Rezip that file in the data folder as-is. Just right-click on the interface folder in your data directory. I named my 7zip file "SkyUI for MO2".

3A> Important--- once archived and copied, uninstall or delete those from NMM and the data folder.

4. Close NMM, and drop a copy of the 7zip SkyUI file in your MO2 download folder.

5. Open MO2, go to downloads, and install as normal. As long as you re-archive the file with the options you prefer and no Fomod, it just installs and works.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend following step-by-step instructions to alter 3 SkyUI files in order to eliminate the SKSE warning messages you'll otherwise encounter if you don't get rid of them. Great video walkthrough so you can do it step-by-step ->

. I'd do this prior to zipping my file to an archive so you only have to do it once. Edited by tjacks84

Check Settings / General / and make sure the "Download Meta Information" box is not checked. I believe if this is checked, MO2 goes off and can get the wrong information.

The download meta information box was already unchecked, but thanks for the help :)

I assume this is for SSE. If not, please ignore this post. I think the FOMOD just spazzes for some reason (did for me- maybe I should try BlueGunk's suggestion). Good news you can use MO2 with SkyUI 2.2. Works great.

Here's what I did:

1. Close MO2, and open NMM. Install like normal. You're essentially installing an "interface" folder in the SSE data folder.

2. Go through FOMOD and get the version you like with the fonts and stuff you prefer.

3. Rezip that file in the data folder as-is. Just right-click on the interface folder in your data directory. I named my 7zip file "SkyUI for MO2".

3A> Important--- once archived and copied, uninstall or delete those from NMM and the data folder.

4. Close NMM, and drop a copy of the 7zip SkyUI file in your MO2 download folder.

5. Open MO2, go to downloads, and install as normal. As long as you re-archive the file with the options you prefer and no Fomod, it just installs and works.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend following the instructions out there to alter the 3 files necessary to eliminate the SKSE warning messages you'll otherwise encounter if you don't get rid of them. Great video walkthrough so you can do it step-by-step ->

This worked perfectly! Got SkyUI up and running in MO now. I've also removed the warning many times when I used NMM, so I got that taken care of easily, the walkthrough video with Sean Connery was funny though :)

Thanks for the help! Just started using MO for the first time yesterday and I'm finding out how nice it is compared to NMM, definitely has a couple drawbacks though.

The download meta information box was already unchecked, but thanks for the help :smile:

Here's what I did:

If you haven't already, I'd recommend following the instructions out there to alter the 3 files necessary to eliminate the SKSE warning messages you'll otherwise encounter if you don't get rid of them. Great video walkthrough so you can do it step-by-step ->

This worked perfectly! Got SkyUI up and running in MO now. I've also removed the warning many times when I used NMM, so I got that taken care of easily, the walkthrough video with Sean Connery was funny though :smile:

Thanks for the help! Just started using MO for the first time yesterday and I'm finding out how nice it is compared to NMM, definitely has a couple drawbacks though.

You're welcome. Glad to hear you got it working. I love MO2 as a mod manager. I didn't start using it until about 2 years ago. Modding really opens up with the virtual file system (VFS) and updating your mods becomes incredibly easy AND stable. You can easily revert from updates, if necessary, whereas with NMM, you can often be stuck living with issues due to the inherent danger of updating in the middle of a play-through without a VFS. Happy modding!