LAN and wireless are not playing nicely together

I just moved into a basement suite, and now share a wireless network with the rest of the house. The modem and router are both upstairs, so I usually don't have a very good internet connection. Let's call that connection NETZ.

For playing games over LAN, I have my own router plugged in down here. That way I can host things like Minecraft over our own little network. Lets call my router LANZ.

However, whenever I plug my computer into LANZ (I've disabled the wireless so the others in the house don't ask me about it), I can't seem to access the internet via the other connection. My computer shows that it's connected to both LANZ and NETZ and has internet access via NETZ, but my browser seems to disagree.

As soon as I unplug from LANZ, NETZ works properly again. I'd like to figure out a way to have internet access with NETZ, but still be able to leave my LANZ ethernet cord plugged in.

I hope that made sense. I'm not sure what else to say.

What operating system? If Windows 7, go to Start, Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, click on "Change Adapter Settings" on the left hand side. Find your ethernet port (chances are you only have one, but if you have a mobo like mine you might have two), right click on it and click "Disable." Possibly you might have to restart, and it should work.

When you want it to work again, do it in reverse and click Enable instead.