War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how will the new version work alongside overhauls like Horizon?

It will work with anything. Unless said mod deletes the a specific actorbase record or in the case it removes it from the game, you would see them in my mod still. I am not aware of any mod that does this.

Any changes to actorbase records are fine, so your mods like Raider Overhaul, Super Mutant Overhaul etc will be fine. I do nit see any reason why Horizon would be a problem, although I have not used it. My mod does not alter vanilla,just uses available resources to the best possible advantage.

Bit of an update for anybody following the forum only.

We ran some tests on a new AI package arrangement for NPCs to use, this seems to have been a success. So the main random spawns out in the Commonwealth will travel to a location in the respective region, sandbox for a while (think camp there in a sense) and move on to next location. Most NPCs you see you will probably kill on sight anyway, but I thought this was a nice quality add.

Interior spawn system has also now had its final draft of how its going to be, so good news there too.

Some tidy up remains, some functions on script need to be filled, presets need making and balancing and individual system menus have not been made, but work continues and hope to have an open beta still, at least of Region 1, by end of month.

Follow the discord for more frequent updates if you like.

Bit of an update for anybody following the forum only.

We ran some tests on a new AI package arrangement for NPCs to use, this seems to have been a success. So the main random spawns out in the Commonwealth will travel to a location in the respective region, sandbox for a while (think camp there in a sense) and move on to next location. Most NPCs you see you will probably kill on sight anyway, but I thought this was a nice quality add.

Interior spawn system has also now had its final draft of how its going to be, so good news there too.

Some tidy up remains, some functions on script need to be filled, presets need making and balancing and individual system menus have not been made, but work continues and hope to have an open beta still, at least of Region 1, by end of month.

Follow the discord for more frequent updates if you like.

Sounds like solid progress to a quality mod. I feel like I'm pressing for answers but how soon can we expect a playable version? I'd love to see how it preforms long term. the current(1.4) has certainly done its job, but now I think I know how to Identify save game bloating and or corruption. It also didn't play nice with some of the other mods in my setup either. Love to test that too!

Totally depends how real life things go. If everything keeps steady and I can do a few hours work on it each day after work, then should easily have a playable beta for at least one region by the end of the month. I got a fair bit done last night, if I can have nights like that everyday of the week I'll be moving through pretty fast.

To do list stands

-Few FillArray functions left to fill in

-Presets need building (even if I get one preset going for playable beta)

-Need to create better FullReset functions, for both Regions and Systems

-Fill more properties (there's lots, no autofill with arrays lol)

-Place spawn points (This is really easy, but imaginably long and boring)

-Make menus for each system, rebuild debug menu and make new Regional control menu

By far the longest of that list is making the presets, but menus are probably equal. Thing is I make one, I can template that to the other 12 systems for the most part.

Oh and not sure if anybody followed this from Discord, but I introduced new "modes". When activated, the actor type in question has a 3-5 times higher chance of appearing (Ghouls being somewhat special and appearing more often at multiple systems' spawnpoints)

GH = 14 Ghoul Apocolypse Mode
SY = 15 Synth Invasion Mode
MR = 16 Minuteman Regime
BR = 17 BoS Domination
RA = 18 Railroad Governance
MW = 19 Mutant Wars
RT = 20 Raider Takeover
Anyway as said, if everything goes well in real life, everything goes faster with mod. I will update here if any significant beta release happens

This is a very good new SMB92 and thank you so much for keeping us posted.

I am having a lot of fun with WOTC ( which I have set up above your default settings - weekend warrior I think it is - with larger groups and faster re spawns ) and even though I would not like to ask this question to you, I do have it in my mind and I would like to let it go : will your new mod be better than WOTC and in what way much better ?

According to what you said before, it will more stable and reliable which it is super great, but from combat standpoint, will I face more enemies, a better challenge and a better experience ? So far, I just walk a bit and I am facing enemies from all directions ... sometimes I have been in the middle of 2-3 groups fighting each other and it is super challenge and a lot of fun ... this is the "cream" of FO4 IMHO, so I am very excited about your new mod and I hope it is more challenging than WOTC ...

... I recently added FO4 faster re-spawn and I am getting more enemies to face when I am closed to those places where they re-spawn ... awesome !!

.. hey, take a cup of coffee everyday and finish that mod ... lol .... just kidding ... I know you are doing your best and I know that when the mod is ready, it will really ready, no half way done but fully done .... :cool: ... and fully tested ... :ermm: .... I will probably start a new game from scratch once your mod is ready ...

... I do not see in your list ( above ) animals at all ... :huh: ... will you add them ? :confused:

I'm not sure if it was asked before, but do the spawns pull from the existing records of mobs to spawn or create their own? For example, I have all my npc's set to auto scale in level and stats with my current character, will the spawns from the mod also auto scale in level? Do they also gear the spawns from the existing leveled item lists? Endless warfare did something odd, where it spawned some raiders and super mutants with rocket launchers, even at level 3. There were a lot of unavoidable deaths because some raider or super mutant fired off a missle at me from a long distance when I was lvl 3. None of my leveled lists have rocket launchers spawning at all and especially not so early if they did.