War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

How script heavy/light? or not sure what people use to actually create the spawns is the mod going to be? Endless warfare works very well, but I know immediately when it activates within my proximity because my game will stutter for a couple seconds before I run into the extra spawns. This constant stuttering really ruins the gameplay for me. I am also unsure what all the phrases mean in the first post, but does it mean it will include options for spawn replacement as well? Finally, how would this mod interact with other spawn programs like http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20485/? zombie walkers? For example, would I be able to increase the spawn of animals like molerats and brahmins only to have those spawn replaced by ghouls in zombie walkers? Looking for forward to the mod

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll explain a few things for you.

The script itself is large and holds a lot of values. However it is designed to be fast despite its large size. Once the mod/script is initialized, all of its values and properties and functions will be loaded in RAM at all times. This makes all the setting and getting of variables fast. It does not have any long running functions however, so in itself does not cause the type of script lag most people talk about.

Now the spawn code itself exists only on markers placed around the map. When you walk into an area any spawn marker present will fire its script. It will check if it is allowed to spawn, and then it will roll the dice. It will then spawn something based on what is allowed. It will place each actor 1 by 1, for om my tests it is very fast and you wont usually see them spawn.

All of these settings I have allowed to be set in a menu. Almost everything. If you want to lower chance if a certain group inside a certain system at a certain area, you can, same if you want to increase that group difficulty or cap the numbers in their group or even set a dynamic group size chance, many many settings you can adjust if my default preset foes not suit your taste.

Most lag will be caused by the NPC themselves. A mod like Raider Overhaul gives Raiders and Forged some very high quality armors, it may cause a slight lag to spawn a number of NPCs while using my mod.

In short, I have designed this mod to run as best as possible within the limitations/nature of the engine and also to be very very safe for your save games.

The one weakness is that spawn points are hand placed. This means, to some degree, spawns can be predictable. But this is the same across many many games, and even this game. The original WOTC tries to make it more dynamic by having many spawn points on the map and dynamically moving spawns to random point, but the problem is the engine is too unreliable and in a lot of cases the script is lagging too far behind, so spawns will spawn outside loaded area and cause instant CTD. My mod spawns as soon as marker is loaded, avoid this problem altogether :)

Now you ask about compatibility with others mod, my mod will be compatible with everything :)

Hope that answers your question.

Hey SMB92, really looking forward to the new mod your working on. Just wondering will it increase interior spawns as well?Â

And that is the golden question. The answer is yes, but it will be the most complex system of them all. Still in design phase of that one, although I have prepared most of the script for it.

Thanks for reply and your hard work

Is a beta or pre-release planned for anytime soon? I'm sure quite a lot of us are eager to get our grubby hands on a new updating spawning tool, I know I am.

An alpha test was/is floating around on the Discord server, however due to a massive limitation I ran into in the CK, I had to start rewriting the code to get around it. But in turn, I was able to use this to my advantage as it opened the doors to optimise a lot of things, due to the change in structure I could refactor a lot of things to work better and more efficiently, and more importantly, more randomly ;)

I am hoping to have the open alpha/beta restored by start of August.

Is a beta or pre-release planned for anytime soon? I'm sure quite a lot of us are eager to get our grubby hands on a new updating spawning tool, I know I am.

I can tell you this, if the new Beta is like the Alpha I tried, you DO NOT want to put the preset on Carnage of the Commonwealth, unless you're a masochist. But I can tell you that I had no stutters in Concord and maintained an average of mid 30's FPS even with all those spawns, and there were A LOT of them. More Spawns Scripted would cause serious stutters on similar settings. This runs much, much smoother. I can't wait to drop MSS like a bad habit. :)

TLDR, SMB92 is doing God's work in Fallout 4. :)

I'll explain a few things for you.

The script itself is large and holds a lot of values. However it is designed to be fast despite its large size. Once the mod/script is initialized, all of its values and properties and functions will be loaded in RAM at all times. This makes all the setting and getting of variables fast. It does not have any long running functions however, so in itself does not cause the type of script lag most people talk about.

Now the spawn code itself exists only on markers placed around the map. When you walk into an area any spawn marker present will fire its script. It will check if it is allowed to spawn, and then it will roll the dice. It will then spawn something based on what is allowed. It will place each actor 1 by 1, for om my tests it is very fast and you wont usually see them spawn.

All of these settings I have allowed to be set in a menu. Almost everything. If you want to lower chance if a certain group inside a certain system at a certain area, you can, same if you want to increase that group difficulty or cap the numbers in their group or even set a dynamic group size chance, many many settings you can adjust if my default preset foes not suit your taste.

Most lag will be caused by the NPC themselves. A mod like Raider Overhaul gives Raiders and Forged some very high quality armors, it may cause a slight lag to spawn a number of NPCs while using my mod.

In short, I have designed this mod to run as best as possible within the limitations/nature of the engine and also to be very very safe for your save games.

The one weakness is that spawn points are hand placed. This means, to some degree, spawns can be predictable. But this is the same across many many games, and even this game. The original WOTC tries to make it more dynamic by having many spawn points on the map and dynamically moving spawns to random point, but the problem is the engine is too unreliable and in a lot of cases the script is lagging too far behind, so spawns will spawn outside loaded area and cause instant CTD. My mod spawns as soon as marker is loaded, avoid this problem altogether :smile:

Now you ask about compatibility with others mod, my mod will be compatible with everything :smile:

Hope that answers your question.

Very nice and the most important is that it will be compatible with other mods like WOTC, Raiders and SuperMutants overhaul, which all together will make the game very immersive and challenging .... nevertheless, a couple of days ago I setup WOTC to Loose Cannon and I did not like it that much because you are in combat practically all the time and if you want to fast travel, you won't be able ... I lowered the settings to Weekend Warrior and I am thinking that I will keep that setting even when I download/install your mod since only in certain areas ( your mod ) will trigger the spawns and they probably will not happen at the same time WOTC triggers its, but also, once you are done with enemies spawning thru your new mod, we should be fine ....

... regarding CTD's that are caused by WOTC, I have not had any since I placed WOTC above Raiders ( as you suggested me to do ) ... what I do not know is that once your new mod triggers spawns in the same area where WOTC is triggering its own, a CTD may happen ...

... you are giving us a very dynamic and immersive game to play that has no equal out there SMB92 .. :cool: ... thanks so much for making it happen !!

Hi SMB92,

I just wanted to thank you so much for your help by placing WOTC in the right load order ( above Raiders Overhaul ) and since then, I have not had any CTD ... :ohmy:

... also, whenever your new mod is ready to be downloaded, where should be placed in my load order ( see above ) and I would appreciate if you let me know.

Another question, will your new mod be compatible with WOTC and if so, what would be the main difference between both or do you think I should only have one instead both ? Last but not the least, if both or just the new one is recommended, will be ok to install it mid game or not ?

Thanks so much and I can't wait to try the new one ..... :cool: