[LE] Adding Items to a merchant via scripting

LittleBaron

@ Elec0: That would work I'm sure, but then any mod that fussed with the same merchant would/might cause a problem. I suppose if there is a way to add the script WITH my quest script, that would work. I will look into that.

@Argomirr: Not sure if that would work... Thepal seems to be saying it would not work in the comment above? But, another good idea if it will.

Anyway, for the moment adding the items to the merchant themselves seems to work OK. I made an altered orcish war-hammer to add to the blacksmith so they will equip that instead... but gotta try it out now...

• 7 years later...

Not to necro this post but just tested this out in F04 and it does work. Thanks

The best options in Skyrim, for anyone else who comes across this thread, are to you scripts to modify the leveled lists in the chest (e.g. if you want to add something to all blacksmiths) or to use a Quest Alias pointing at the merchant chest. From there you can add your items, including through leveled lists and all the flexibility they bring. Ordinarily they will persist through refresh, but with a bit of script work you can make them refresh much like any ordinary merchandise (albeit possibly not wholly synchronously with it).