Expression Error CTD when trying to use MAO

shadyshopkeep

I'm trying to get Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul working, but every time I run the game with the 1.0 merged esm, I CTD with this message:

Expression Error: Unable to find cell id "Solstheim, Mortrag Glacier" in script BloodmoonMain.

This seems to happen even when I disable all mod files except for MAO, and it doesn't happen at all when MAO is disabled. Does anyone know what's going wrong?

Load order:

Morrowind.esm
Bloodmoon.esm
Tribunal.esm
Morrowind Rebirth 4.1 - Racial Diversity 1.6.esm
Morrowind Rebirth 4.1 - Morrowind Patch 1.6.5.esm
Better Heads.esm
Better Heads Tribunal addon.esm
Better Heads Bloodmoon addon.esm
MAO.esm
Morrowind Rebirth 4.1.ESP
Morrowind Rebirth 4.1 - Balmoras Underworld 1.0.ESP
SpeechcraftBalance.ESP
SpeedandStaminaExtreme.ESP
UFR_v3dot2_noRobe.esp
UFR_v3dot2.esp
TES3ArmorOverhaul.esp
More Better Clothes.ESP
Graphic Herbalism.esp
DB_Attack_Mod.esp
Better Bodies.esp
RealSignposts.esp
Encumberance increaser StrX7.5.esp
LowerFirstPersonSneak.ESP
Natural Healing.esp
Vurt's Ashlands Overhaul.esp
XE Sky Variations.esp

I'd suggest running mlox - http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43001/?

I think you're missing some MAO ESPs but it's a complicated install. Added some rules into mlox for it a while ago.

You don't need both of these:

UFR_v3dot2_noRobe.esp

UFR_v3dot2.esp

Nothing leaps out as a Solstheim-affecting mod, unless Rebirth has started to mess with there as well.

I downloaded and tried out mlox, like you suggested, but it didn't have any suggestions other than a compatibility patch (MAO_Gherb.esp) for Graphic Herbalism, which I can't find and wouldn't fix the problem anyway since it doesn't work if Graphic Herbalism is disabled, and either MSE or MGE, both of which I already have.

The problem with getting MAO ESPs is that I'm using the merged version found on Fliggerty. I followed the install process as found on the readme, but that's the only place I could find instructions, and I can't find the unmerged version anywhere either -- apparently it was once on Nexus, but has since been removed.

EDIT: I deleted everything, performed a clean install and reinstalled the MAO components and requirements, and everything worked fine. I'm going to reinstall my mods one by one to see what, if anything, caused the issue.

EDIT 2: After reinstalling all my mods after my clean install...I still have no idea what caused the problem. Applying my backed-up files to my stuff still causes the issue, so I know that the problem is that some mod or file was where it shouldn't have been, rather than something being missing. At any rate, I can now properly use MAO, so we can consider this issue solved.

Edited by shadyshopkeep

try tes3cmd multipatch, and load the generated multipatch.esp last, it could solve this if problem is some mod changing the "Solstheim, Mortrag Glacier" cell name