Remodeling weapons?

DarkWolfModding

Would it be against the terms if I took a model from lets say fallout 3 took it apart in a 3d modeling app (blender 3d) and took high quality screenshots of all visible parts like say a magazine, trigger, etc... And then proceed to model the gun from scratch using those said screenshots

I would like to know cuz I would like to bring some weapons from fallout 3 and new Vegas to fallout 4 (mainly the snipers and stuff). I would use the above meathod to do it and probably make it higher poly than those original game models.

Would it be against the terms if I took a model from lets say fallout 3 took it apart in a 3d modeling app (blender 3d) and took high quality screenshots of all visible parts like say a magazine, trigger, etc... And then proceed to model the gun from scratch using those said screenshots

I would like to know cuz I would like to bring some weapons from fallout 3 and new Vegas to fallout 4 (mainly the snipers and stuff). I would use the above meathod to do it and probably make it higher poly than those original game models.

I think the line on that is its safe to recreate items as long as its YOU creating all the assets, instead of just importing stuff from another game which is the stealing part of that. There is a pretty good DKS rifle mod out currently if you havent seen it but if you want to make your own then by all means go for it!

nope, it's not an issue to create an homage or likeness/resemblance

based on screencaps etc. especially if its from scratch.

then, the soundalike for the implement has to also be made etc...

nexite JoshBrowne may be able to help with that -

I highly recommend them and other mod collabers from the Sound threads here at NMM,

he collabs on a lot of FO4 projects.

it sounds very close to it.

I would further add,

I hope to see your weapons parts packs zeroed to different weapons sets,

say some to both rifle or pistol etc.

some stuff from FO3 or FONV, the scopes and handles and all

would go great with

the MiB weapons pack etc.

the Forgotten Weapons implements conversion project

could always use more contributors -

they make likenesses based on those "kyber pass" implements as weapons packs...

your idea of a "protectron arm lazer rifle" as a scrap lazer rifle is genius!

and would be awesome with the "Protectron armor disguise" hehe.

using the severed arm from a protectron against other protectrons, while dressed as a protectron...

or, as a muzzle attachment for the Lazer Musket... priceless!

a Rambler-Crane "plasma arm cannon" is also an awesome idea

good luck making awesome mods,

DarkWolfModding.