ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

PAPPA'S FALLOUT 5 WISHLIST.

SMILINGMOON

I want to see FO5 set anywhere other than another dry, dusty wasteland. I want to go up north and get eaten by a radmoose, or go down south and spend half the game trying to extricate myself from mud and mutant strangler vines and the clutches of inbred raiders. I want to climb the Rockies and then fall off them. Hell, I want to go to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch and fish for giant radioactive kippers on a raft made out orange juice bottles. Anything but another dustbin, please!

Now that the survival genre has come into its own and game designers have figured out how to make needs fun and immersive, I'd like to see Bethesda incorporate more survival elements into the game. The gun/armor condition bulls*** FO3 and NV was anti-fun and needed to go, but post-apocalyptic games never feel complete unless you spend at least some of your time worrying about your next meal or the storm-clouds on the horizon.

I actually enjoyed playing Bob the Builder in Fallout4 but it's the absence of some really basic tools in the vanilla workshop was baffling to me. The ability to toggle clipping, snapto object and snapto surface should be included CTRL+Z for workshop should be included Being able to scrap everything should be default. And for the love of crabs, Bethesda, fix your menu coding so that modders can add items and categories to your underwhelming objects menu without breaking the menu. Or at least stop making major quests (like the main quest and the Nuka World and Automatron quests) depend on the ability to access potentially inaccessible menu items.

I would like Bethesda to contemplate a "quality over quantity" approach to combat. There is just too much junk combat in this game. For one, I want to be able to walk five feet and admire the scenery without a bunch of bloatflies showing up to demand that I click on them immediately. For two, I have questions. How does a society that relies on manual agriculture sustain a population that is 1% farmers and 95% raiders? Where do these raiders even come from? Who are their mothers? Why are they picking a fight against a team of Brotherhood Paladins? Why is a desolate ecosystem with scarce natural food resources populated primarily by carnivorous megafauna? Why hasn't anyone exterminated feral ghouls yet jesus it's not like they can repopulate....

Most importantly, I want Fallout 5 to be well written. Hell, I want Fallout 5 to have writing, as opposed to an endless parade of mindless "go there and shoot them" chores strung loosely together by a plot that the janitor came up with. Fewer plot holes would be nice. Having multiple ways to handle an objective (particularly ways that utilize non-combat skills) would be nice. Actual quest choices (not aggravating ultimatums) would be nice. Mix-and-match factions would be nice. I super especially want to be able to play the game as somebody who isn't a dad. Or a mom. Or at least, if I have to be a dad, can I be one of those dads who can finish an entire conversation without bringing up this family that I don't actually care about, and can my 'sarcastic' dialogue options not consist entirely of lame dad jokes? Being able to create your own character and choose your own path through the game is pretty much the thing that sets Bethesda's open world RPGs apart from most other open world RPGs, and for some reason they decided to just throw that all out the door for FO4.

Edited by TheSpaceShuttleChallenger

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'd much rather have a place with some history to it than a generic nest of skyscrapers. I liked the Boston setting, especially the lore around Goodneighbor.

I like settlement building. Gives me something to do once I've explored all of the dark corners of the game and completed the quests. I loved playing NV but I'm done with it. I liked most of FO3 but I'm done with it. With settlements, especially with the right mods, it lets me continue to roleplay rebuilding parts of the Commonwealth even without a quest.

I definitely prefer VATS to bullet time. It's Fallout, not the Matrix. VATS is part of the lore, and this isn't a FPS. At least in this version it's not freezing time, though.

Only issue with weapons is it seems silly to be able to make a reliable gun out of a handful of pencils, a few tin cans, and a cigarette lighter.

So many ghouls (non-feral) roaming around and nobody remembers how to sew or make a quilt? Especially with that whole 1950s thing going? Seems unlikely. Would like to see more pre-war knowledge starting to circulate, especially in areas with lots of old nonferal ghouls.

A larger play area with more nonessential interesting sidequests, or nonquest areas to explore that have interesting stories if you're paying attention, would be nice.

I'm sorry some people's tastes I don't understand ,a world full of strange tastes like men liking men ,men wanting to be woman,people doing dangerous tricks and thing even more bizzare that that.

But I guest nothing can be done about that.

I'm not talking about you specifically, but just people saying like a Porsche looks better than a Ferrari .

Like how in the hell can people say VATS is better than bullet time.

Like why is there no other RPG shooter that use mechanics to stop time and target enemies, do you REALLY think that no other developers have thought about this idea?

That's the first reason some people I know say this game is ......

Because it's a weirdass mechanic whether you agree or not.

(Stop time click click click and repeat and repeat and you don't have to aim yourself.

And I always play RPGs, fallout 4 is good people love playing RPGs but stopping time, click click and watch, sucks period.

Edited by SMILINGMOON

Sorry, I hadn't caught that you have the emotional maturity of a blueberry scone. I'll leave you to your ramblings.

Believe me I wasn't talking about you specifically.

But just about peoples tastes I can't grasp.

I'm tired of rambling so I'll just give up.

There are just to many guffy tastes.

Edited by SMILINGMOON

I want to see FO5 set anywhere other than another dry, dusty wasteland. I want to go up north and get eaten by a radmoose, or go down south and spend half the game trying to extricate myself from mud and mutant strangler vines and the clutches of inbred raiders. I want to climb the Rockies and then fall off them. Hell, I want to go to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch and fish for giant radioactive kippers on a raft made out orange juice bottles. Anything but another dustbin, please!

Now that the survival genre has come into its own and game designers have figured out how to make needs fun and immersive, I'd like to see Bethesda incorporate more survival elements into the game. The gun/armor condition bulls*** FO3 and NV was anti-fun and needed to go, but post-apocalyptic games never feel complete unless you spend at least some of your time worrying about your next meal or the storm-clouds on the horizon.

I actually enjoyed playing Bob the Builder in Fallout4 but it's the absence of some really basic tools in the vanilla workshop was baffling to me. The ability to toggle clipping, snapto object and snapto surface should be included CTRL+Z for workshop should be included Being able to scrap everything should be default. And for the love of crabs, Bethesda, fix your menu coding so that modders can add items and categories to your underwhelming objects menu without breaking the menu. Or at least stop making major quests (like the main quest and the Nuka World and Automatron quests) depend on the ability to access potentially inaccessible menu items.

I would like Bethesda to contemplate a "quality over quantity" approach to combat. There is just too much junk combat in this game. For one, I want to be able to walk five feet and admire the scenery without a bunch of bloatflies showing up to demand that I click on them immediately. For two, I have questions. How does a society that relies on manual agriculture sustain a population that is 1% farmers and 95% raiders? Where do these raiders even come from? Who are their mothers? Why are they picking a fight against a team of Brotherhood Paladins? Why is a desolate ecosystem with scarce natural food resources populated primarily by carnivorous megafauna? Why hasn't anyone exterminated feral ghouls yet jesus it's not like they can repopulate....

Most importantly, I want Fallout 5 to be well written. Hell, I want Fallout 5 to have writing, as opposed to an endless parade of mindless "go there and shoot them" chores strung loosely together by a plot that the janitor came up with. Fewer plot holes would be nice. Having multiple ways to handle an objective (particularly ways that utilize non-combat skills) would be nice. Actual quest choices (not aggravating ultimatums) would be nice. Mix-and-match factions would be nice. I super especially want to be able to play the game as somebody who isn't a dad. Or a mom. Or at least, if I have to be a dad, can I be one of those dads who can finish an entire conversation without bringing up this family that I don't actually care about, and can my 'sarcastic' dialogue options not consist entirely of lame dad jokes? Being able to create your own character and choose your own path through the game is pretty much the thing that sets Bethesda's open world RPGs apart from most other open world RPGs, and for some reason they decided to just throw that all out the door for FO4.

that was pretty deep. You must be a rocket scientist . lets hope Bethesda gets the point and fixes those holes you mentioned in the next fallout 5.

I totally agree... I never grasped the same things you mention like ghouls and raiders.. even in the socalled Dark ages of Europe Bandits were outnumbered by Serfs and no Bandit would dare attack a group of Knights.. it's just stooopid!.. i wish and hope that Beth will hire actual story writers next time.. and for the love of the Holy Virgin stop catering to Consolers!! FO4 was made for consoles and ported to pc.. do it the other way round next time.. then,maybe,the controls are usable,the dialogue options varied and the character creation NOT frustrating to the point where you get as angry as a Hornet in an old tin can..

The overall theme of fallout is definitely getting old imo. When I heard of FO$ years ago, I thought it would be a totally fresh, new look for the franchise in general. It was not. What is worse is that some of it is not even as good as previous games of the series. Recently have been playing TTW and I am really enjoying going back and re-redoing most of the quests and stuff. Characters were better. Combat was a little better. Still to much junk to pick up- which got much worse in FO4. The older games sort of toyed with silly funny ideas that the new does not. Overall it just seemed to me that FO4 was a subpar remake of FO3 and a little NV with better graphics. Very few new ideas and piss-poor storyboarding. It would be nice to see a really GREAT GAME from Beth in the future whether that be in Tamriel or somewhere in an alternate timeline for the world. :dry:

The overall theme of fallout is definitely getting old imo. When I heard of FO$ years ago, I thought it would be a totally fresh, new look for the franchise in general. It was not. What is worse is that some of it is not even as good as previous games of the series. Recently have been playing TTW and I am really enjoying going back and re-redoing most of the quests and stuff. Characters were better. Combat was a little better. Still to much junk to pick up- which got much worse in FO4. The older games sort of toyed with silly funny ideas that the new does not. Overall it just seemed to me that FO4 wasÃÃÂ aÃÃÂ subparÃÃÂ remake ofÃÃÂ FO3 and a little NV with better graphics. Very few new ideas and piss-poor storyboarding. It would be nice to see a really GREAT GAME from Beth in the future whether that be in Tamriel or somewhere in an alternate timeline for the world. :dry:

The most educated people where prepared and hidding in bunkers, etc.( that what Bethesda forget)

They should have fixed and put some things back together after 200 year .

But from the visuals it look like its still the year 2077 .

And where did all those weird creatures come from Radiation kills and not mutates

Over all the visual aspects of Fallout is depressing and unreal. Maby that's why some people think that it's lame and still the same.

Edited by SMILINGMOON

Elder Scrolls 6: Merethic Era ÃÂ Nov 15th, 2019

ÃÂ

Fallout 5: VancouverÃÂ BC ÃÂ Nov 15th, 2021

LOL you almost convinced me .

But I couldn't find even the slightest info on that!

It looks like you have been using to much JET, OR WHAT ?

Don't tell you work for Bethesda.(something tells me you do or know someone)

Where did get that info. ??

Send me a private message if you can't talk about it PLEASE

I was just goofing off. Those dates might even be a year sooner than posted. Bethesda does like to have a mid-November launch date. Probably marketing research shows that it will be good for Christmas time console game sales.

The Elder Scrolls have enough composed history that a step back in time rather than a new land might make for an excellent new game setting.

Fallout 5 will need a new setting and Vancouver British Columbia seems like a great location. To the south, you could have the advanced cybernetic mutants of the Microsoft Conglomerate, to the north you could have mutant moose and beaver, to the east you could have skiing. Plus, there would be nice scenery with lots of red leaf maple and syrup.