Can't get my pants on!

AngryBullet

So basically, this all started when I received my Savior's Hide armor today. I thought it looked good all except the bare legs (my character is a male Nord) so I got the idea to wear some ragged trousers underneath to cover up my character's pasty white thighs. I thought it would be as simple as changing the Biped Object in the Creation Kit but for some reason this is not the case. My first attempt was just to remove the 'BODY' selection from the pants themselves, this resulted in being able to equip both items but the pants were invisible. I tried the same with the ArmorAddon section but that wasn't any better, if I remember correctly the whole torso turned invisible...

I've tried searching for help but I can't seem to find anything that relates directly to my problem. So please, if anyone knows how to fix this or can give me a link to a thread that I may have missed that would be great, I'm about to give up on it all together =/ Thanks.

So basically, this all started when I received my Savior's Hide armor today. I thought it looked good all except the bare legs (my character is a male Nord) so I got the idea to wear some ragged trousers underneath to cover up my character's pasty white thighs. I thought it would be as simple as changing the Biped Object in the Creation Kit but for some reason this is not the case. My first attempt was just to remove the 'BODY' selection from the pants themselves, this resulted in being able to equip both items but the pants were invisible. I tried the same with the ArmorAddon section but that wasn't any better, if I remember correctly the whole torso turned invisible...

I've tried searching for help but I can't seem to find anything that relates directly to my problem. So please, if anyone knows how to fix this or can give me a link to a thread that I may have missed that would be great, I'm about to give up on it all together =/ Thanks.

I could add them together in nifskope if you like? AFAIK there's no way around the Skyrim item set system that groups everything body related together. Send me a PM if you'd like that, I'm heading off to sleep so I'll tackle it in the morning.

Edited by KaptTorbjorn

What you also could try is making a New base object for specifically those trousers so it doesnt affect NPCs.

Once you created the new object make it as necklace instead of pants so you can wear them at the same time, but not in the same slot.

Almost home so I can check it out to see if it works.

Guest deleted1497950

Your first mistake was thinking that something in the creation kit would be simple. :wink:

Another method I have found would be to load the ragged trousers nif file into nifskope and remove the branches for all of the NiTriShapes other than the actual trousers (such as the skin of the body) while keeping everything else the same. After that you would need to click on the BSdismemberskininstance in the expanded list of the NiTriShape for the ragged trousers and look in the block details for the partitions and expand that a couple of times until you see where it has a number in the value column in the "Body Part" row. You would need to change that number to the associated number in the biped object list of the armor add-on of the creation kit. If you do not want it to replace the body, you can't have it as a number 32. You could assign it a random unused number such as 50 or something, and then highlight that corresponding number in the armor addon.

I'm sure this is not the most efficient way at all, but it's a way I've found to rig it so it at least works.

If you wanted to keep it as a number 32 (main body), you could simply paste the block of the trouser pants from that nif onto the saviors hide nif making sure it shares the same parent object as the saviors hide NiTriShape, keeping all of the other NiTriShapes (such as skin parts) as well. This is probably the more efficient method as far as data efficiency, but what do I know.

Edited by 2chi2

So I've got another problem now it seems. I'm still really new to NifSkope and just started working with it. As far as I can tell I successfully merged the Ragged Trousers with the Ancient Nord Armor, ( I'm trying to make myself a light armor version with pants now) and in the ck I've made a copy of the ArmorDraugrCuirass, changed it to light armor with new stats, and changed the model info for the ArmorAddon to the .nif that I created. However, when I load up my mod, the new armor still uses the default mesh, the new name and stats work just fine. I've checked in the ck and my armor shows up in the render window, just not in game. If you could help get me started with finding a solution to that I'd be very thankful. I've also placed the new armor nifs into my data/meshes/armor folder for Skyrim. I'm not quite sure what I'm missing.

• 7 months later...

I've given it a go myself but I've hit a snag... I'll just copy & paste my Steam Forum post here so you guys can see.

Saviour's Hiding your modesty. A Savior's Hide with trousers/pants mod.

Ok, so, I know I'm not the only one who's thought that the Savior's Hide would benefit from some leggins or something, and I also know I'm not the only one to try and fix it. However, I wasn't fond of the attempts made so far, so I decided (with the little knowledge I have on the subject) to try my own mod for it.

Because I'm not a moddeler, of any sort, I've just jury rigged together 2 models; The Saviors Hide, and the legs for Ragged Robes/Prisoners Clothes.

So far, I have a working light human female version in the game, and the models for Heavy Female, and Light/Heavy Male, however, The Heavy Female just will not work in the game. I have no idea why, as I've done exactly the same thing with it as I have with the light version which works fine. So now in game, if you're a light human female, no problems, but if you're anything or a medium - heavy weighted female you either get a screen full of streched polys or an invisible body (at full weight). Just wondering if anyone had any ideas to recify this so I can carry on to get the male/argonian/kahjiit versions made too.

For those who want to know, my process is thus;

3DS MAX

1. Import ragged robes into 3DS Max 2012

2. Delete top/rope/skirt/underwear meshes from outfit (leaving with just the arms, lower legs and trousers.

3. Hide all, import Savior's Hide model over top (same gender/weight)

4. Delete arms/legs/underwear from Savior's Hide model

5. Unhide all (everything's lined up and looks as it should)

6. Fire up the SoMuchMorpher tool and select which body type the model is for (Light/Heavy, Male/Female)

7. Assign the different sections to bone structure (Arms/legs, Teeth, Sleeves, Fur/shoulderpads/cloth, Body, Trousers)

8. Select the export body size (I think it's supposed to be that you can import say a Light Male model, and then export for all 4 of the body types from one model, but it's never worked properly for me, so I just have a seperate file for each body type).

9. Export as .nif

NifSkope

1. Open 2 windows. Load the new model in one and then either the Ragged Robes or Original Savior's Hide in the other.

2. Copy the BS Lighting Shader Properties branch from the original, paste and assign them to the corresponding item in the new model. (I do this for each section of the armour. So for the Skin, Clothes, Fur, Savior's Hide, Teeth, Sleeves & Clothes, I copy the Shader Properties from the original model and replace the ones that in the new model with these, so that I know they all work.)

3. Repeat for second armour set.

Creation Kit

1. Copy and rename the Savior's Hide armour & Armour Add On (Currently "SEAMSaviorsHideArmor" & "SEAMSaviorsHideArmorAA")

2. Assign the new models in the Armour Add On (only have to register the Heavy Female and Male Armours)

3. Assign the Armour Add On to the Armour. Save and load the game to test...

So that's as far as I've gotten. The models look fine in 3DS Max, NifSkope and the Creation Kit, but in game there's obviously somthing wrong.

Image Links.

3DS Max

NifSkope

Creation Kit

In Game 1

In Game 2

In Game 3

Anyway, yeah, need help. Please?

Honestly, if you guys have done this stuff in NifSkope, then Kudos, cuz I had no idea it was capable of that kind of modding. But still, this is what I've done & where I've gotten to. Any ideas?

After step 5 for 3ds max, what I would do is attach the two together. In editable mesh, select the saviour armor. Under Edit Geometry, click the Attach button and click on the pants. You'll see a pop-up window, select the third option. The two nifs are now combined and hopefully should make things a little bit simpler. :smile:

edit: edited for clarity.

Edited by Ragicka