FWE Textures problems and RH Iron sites not zoom in on some Assault Ri

johnyct9760

I'm having 2 problems

1) When I were FWE armors a few of them seem to have texture problems, as I run the textures turn in to the colors of the background (kind of cool but a bit distracting)

2) Some of my guns that us the RH Iron site system don't look down the barrel and the targeting point goes away making those guns pretty unhelpful in a fire fight.

I'm quite new to modding and I've included a screen grab of my load order:

http://www.workspace.johncliffordtaylor.com/modLoadOrder.jpg

I do have a fallout mod sorter and it tells me what order to move the mods into but sometimes with the nexus manger I can't move certain mods (like the weaponsmodkit one for instance) any higher in the load order to make the changes its asking of me.

Thanks for the help!

John

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't move the weaponsmodkit any higher in the load order. It is an .esp and should load after all of the .esm. Nexus mod manager is still in beta test, so you should expect some bugs when using it.

What version of Mart's Mutant Mod are you using? I don't think the MMM .esm is supposed to load so far up in the load order. And, I think you can uncheck all the MMM DLC and just use the MMM-FWE Master Release+DLCs.esp.

You can't move the weaponsmodkit any higher in the load order. It is an .esp and should load after all of the .esm. Nexus mod manager is still in beta test, so you should expect some bugs when using it.

Yeah I do see that all of the top files are EMS files the nexus mod manager doesn't let me move thfe ESP files up to load at with the EMS files (I feel like I'm in way over my head here while trying to make these changes the game started crashing during the opening title screen. :wacko: )

Where do you think would be a safe place to move the MMM top file down to?

O and I just looked it up my version of MMM is: RC 6.1

Edited by johnyct9760

The Ironsights problem is easy to fix. Just load up all your mods with FO3Edit, go to the weapons records, and see if a mod is changing the "Do not use IS animations" flag for any weapons. This will let you know what's going on, and you can just go ahead and change the flags in the offending mods.

Ok so I Downloaded the FO3Edit mod and then opened it up, but boy did I get over whelmed really REALLY fast.

Here is a link to a screen grab of what I was looking at when I decided I should be asking for more help before I break something:

http://www.workspace.johncliffordtaylor.com/wepFlag.jpg

Whats should I be clicking on to see if any weapon has the: "Do not use IS animations" flag going for it?

Thanks

Yeah I do see that all of the top files are EMS files the nexus mod manager doesn't let me move thfe ESP files up to load at with the EMS files (I feel like I'm in way over my head here while trying to make these changes the game started crashing during the opening title screen. :wacko: )

Esp files should never be loaded above any of the .esm's. (hence the crash at startup)

Where do you think would be a safe place to move the MMM top file down to?

Just put it right under the FWE main file .esm.

Second: Download, install and run BOSS and pay attention to any recommendations it makes about your load order.

And, if BOSS doesn't mention it: Read the readme file from the FOIP patches for FWE and MMM to see which of your MMM plugins are redundant.

The Ironsights problem is easy to fix. Just load up all your mods with FO3Edit, go to the weapons records, and see if a mod is changing the "Do not use IS animations" flag for any weapons. This will let you know what's going on, and you can just go ahead and change the flags in the offending mods.

Ok so I Downloaded the FO3Edit mod and then opened it up, but boy did I get over whelmed really REALLY fast.

Here is a link to a screen grab of what I was looking at when I decided I should be asking for more help before I break something:

http://www.workspace.johncliffordtaylor.com/wepFlag.jpg

Whats should I be clicking on to see if any weapon has the: "Do not use IS animations" flag going for it?

Thanks

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff on screen isn't there? And that warning message when you try to change something sent me running at first too. Just go slow and really think about any changes you're going to make.

The flag you're looking for is on that right side part that you have highlighted. Scroll down until you see "Is Automatic" and that's the part where the "Don't use IS animations" flag will be. Right-click the box to make changes.

And don't worry, if at any point you become uneasy about changes you've made, FO3Edit will ask what you want to save when you exit the program ( everything you checkmark in the last window that pops up will have changes saved ).

Once you get used to all that info, FO3Edit is probably the best tool for diagnosing a lot of inter-mod issues

Also look up a mod called FOIP, Fallout Interpolarity Project. It has compatability files for a lot of the big mods. It still helps to look at stuff in FO3Edit though, to make sure the final numbers that you're playing with in-game are what they're supposed to be ( it's surprising how many mods make one little change, and then revert a bunch of stuff back to default vanilla values ).

Edited by redeyesandlonghair