ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Placed Cliffs/other objects not visible ingame

Drunkenm0nkey

My problem is i modded some landscape of tamriel/skyrim gave it some cliffs, some walls, items and a dragon to test it. So i walked there ingame and some of the cliffs and walls were missing, when i walked near them they reapeared, when i walked some more closer they disapeared again and i could walk right through them like they never existed. okay so i reloaded the mod in the skyrim launcher, restarted the game, now the cliffs are still invisible ingame but they block the path so they are still "there", and the dragon i placed and the stone he sits on only appear when im very close to them unlike other/vanilla creatures or world objects. Tried the "is in LOD" option in the preference window of the cliffs, didnt work. So all in all the cliffs and some of the walls i added most of the time dont show up when i walk to my modded location from another location thats near to it (the dragon and his stone only show up when im relative close to them). When i fast travel directly to the mapmarker of my mod location, cliffs and stuff load as they should but only in a certain radius around the playercharacter, cliffs and walls beyond this range are still missing (most of them are invisble--> still block path, a few are completly missing). Checked mod in Creation kit again... objects are still there as intended. Any clues? Seems to me like its not really "loading" my mod objects into the skyrim world when im loading a game... btw i dont use any other mods right now... i did an armor mod befor with new armor models and it worked well...

My problem is i modded some landscape of tamriel/skyrim gave it some cliffs, some walls, items and a dragon to test it. So i walked there ingame and some of the cliffs and walls were missing, when i walked near them they reapeared, when i walked some more closer they disapeared again and i could walk right through them like they never existed. okay so i reloaded the mod in the skyrim launcher, restarted the game, now the cliffs are still invisible ingame but they block the path so they are still "there", and the dragon i placed and the stone he sits on only appear when im very close to them unlike other/vanilla creatures or world objects. Tried the "is in LOD" option in the preference window of the cliffs, didnt work. So all in all the cliffs and some of the walls i added most of the time dont show up when i walk to my modded location from another location thats near to it (the dragon and his stone only show up when im relative close to them). When i fast travel directly to the mapmarker of my mod location, cliffs and stuff load as they should but only in a certain radius around the playercharacter, cliffs and walls beyond this range are still missing (most of them are invisble--> still block path, a few are completly missing). Checked mod in Creation kit again... objects are still there as intended. Any clues? Seems to me like its not really "loading" my mod objects into the skyrim world when im loading a game... btw i dont use any other mods right now... i did an armor mod befor with new armor models and it worked well...

I don't know if it is related, but i had placed some cliff-like model in an exterior cell to act as an entrance to my dungeon. It disappeared at times similar to what you experience (sometimes it would show up depending on if i walked there, teleported, etc.), but it fixed itself once I moved it away from the edge of the cell (i found out it was overlapping the border. Don't know why that seemed to matter...

I don't know if it is related, but i had placed some cliff-like model in an exterior cell to act as an entrance to my dungeon. It disappeared at times similar to what you experience (sometimes it would show up depending on if i walked there, teleported, etc.), but it fixed itself once I moved it away from the edge of the cell (i found out it was overlapping the border. Don't know why that seemed to matter...

You serious? I made a village build on top off cliffs because the ground wasn't flat enough. I have houses in the dirt cliffs and they seem to disappear at times.

If that's the problem I wasted a few hours of modding that stupid village :(

Is there any kind of solution for this?