What's a popular, script heavy mod request right now?

urbex

Hi, I'm visiting this community for the first time in a few years. I made some simpler Fallout 3 mods back in the day and now I'm back, with some experience and the free time to put something larger together. However, I've been detached from everything fallout for a while, and the last thing I want to do is release the equivalent of whatever "another hideout mod" is today. Is there anything users here really want to see? Preferably an idea more along the lines of a re-balance, utility, interface framework etc. than a re-texture or something involving modeling- like a quest mod.

tl;dr i have no familiarity with the state of fallout mods anymore and i want to make something a good amount of people will use

Well Im working on a spawns mod, and one of the discussions is around creating a "civil war" type scenario where various groups may vie for control over certain regions etc. I've already made the random spawns code and decided on the system to use for that (which doesn't involved any long running code) but I'm open to ideas on how this could be implemented, most hopefully using said system.

I currently have ownership of the War of the Commonwealth mod as well, so I'm looking at that for ideas on systems to use.

If that motivates you we can talk more about it.

If you could get a Dual Wielding mod to work you'd be a paragon of badassery

That would be special!

I'm not sure how script heavy it would be, but I am surprised that no one has tackled a Load Bearing Equipment/Inventory mod, yet.(i.e. It's great that you can lift a car, but where are you going to put it?).

I would like to see proper containers, tac vests and backpacks that incorporate pocket size vs item size (i.e. An assault rifle should not fit comfortably in a first aid kit).

It might be getting too far into the weeds, but magazine management would be nice too. If I have 60 rds in 2 x 30 rd mags and fire 2 rounds followed by a mag change, I should have 1 x 30 rd mags and 1 x 28 rd mag.

This would probably necessitate something along the lines of a "salvage beacon" mod, or something so you are not forced to leave all those building materials behind. Like this guys work... http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18757/?

Thanks is advance if you can sort this one out. There has to be a reason no one has done it yet, though...

Hi! I had just last night an idea; what about making Baby(Shaun) an real worldobjekt/compagnion, who you can equip on your back and carry around, and unequip wherever you want (like a backpack, or real baby). You will have to look after him and still his needs like a tamagotchi (or real baby). Let him be able to wear different babyclothing and some babyarmor. :D

----

What about helping this poor guy, who is working on SKSE for FO4 all by himself?^^

Hi! I had just last night an idea; what about making Baby(Shaun) an real worldobjekt/compagnion, who you can equip on your back and carry around, and unequip wherever you want (like a backpack, or real baby). You will have to look after him and still his needs like a tamagotchi (or real baby). Let him be able to wear different babyclothing and some babyarmor. :D

----

What about helping this poor guy, who is working on SKSE for FO4 all by himself?^^

Hmmm, infant? This is going more of Sims direction. For this to work I would say the mod has to do a lot, but not impossible. The baby cannot be just another inventory item. So someone (player or companion, even Dogmeat) can carry on their back. Their combat tactic has to be a lot more defensive (so they won't rush to the front facing off 10 mini guns with a baby on their back). Dogmeat would just run and hide, and won't fight until he is completely cornered (since he can't even shoot to help while staying in safety). And when the baby carriage is disarmed from the back, it has to be dropped on the ground (instead of just in inventory). There has to be massive consequences of leaving the baby (to fast travel and come back later) or just simply throw a grenade in the mix of the baby (or companion carrying the baby) while in combat. Because of how the game is, I often ignore the safety of companions and just use explosive around them.

So maybe make it harder for companion to recover from ... say .... a substantial damage, like a nuke? If companions get shot down, must use stimpak to revive (now, they just come back when combat is over, full HP). And after a bomb fallen on their face, a stimpak won't do. We have to carry them and fast travel to the nearest doctor for help.

Anyway, I am more interested in seeing child Shaun as companion. Say we destroyed the Institute, we still have a synth Shaun around? How about it is time to be a father/mother? The child is more dependent on skills. His various skills will go up with experience: shot accuracy, HP regen, more fighting tactic, etc... Would have to convert outfits to be accepted by Shaun (so he can't just wear anything). The mod has to check whether the outfit is acceptable. All Vanilla outfits should be "acceptable" as mesh conversion can be made before hand. Custom outfits needed to be "added" to the acceptable list (to tell the mod that this outfit is usable for Shaun). I don't think they made any animation for children in regard to weapon usage. So new animation has to be done. The easy way would be scaling down adult animation so you see Shaun use a scaled down version of whatever you give him. But this is not fun. Shaun must use a full sized weapon. It will have to look ridiculous (how else would it be if you make a 10 year old hold an M16?) Shaun will flat out refuse any big gun type. Weapon recoil larger than certain number always cause Shaun to fall upon shooting, along with the recovery, it would take him very long to let out 1 shot. So hunting rifle with long barrel, .44 pistol and maybe shot gun would be hilarious to watch Shaun use.

To make up for lack of strength and carry weight, Shaun may be good for accuracy with small weapons, better lockpicking and hacking (young kids learn fast, and it helps being a Synth). To make it more interesting, Shaun will require certain food or he will get exhausted fast. And we have to cook for him, or forcing him to eat rad food (and half the effect) while a lot of complaining dialogue from Shaun. Yep, maybe 4th generation synth Shaun mimics human so well that they will die of hunger, thirst, and exhaustion. Unlike Nick who doesn't need food/water or sleep. And maybe Shaun will also have more negative reaction if player is naked.

I like the ideas. What you said about BabyShaun was in my mind to, Your idea of optional choosing who should carry BShaun. besides the Player, is giving some more tactical elements to the game.

Maybe BabyShaun and ChildShaun could be in one mod, he gets older after time (or xp), as some kind of alt. roleplay mod.

Or forget Babyshaun and just make normal babys, which you can "adopt" in some way. :smile:

------------------------

There are already some mods for children, (with clothing). There is even a mod with fighting (raider) children.

----

There arent any animations for children at workbenches, so they use the normal animations and scale to normal size.

Edited by old_silence

• 1 month later...

I don't how requested it is or how script heavy it is.

If i would guess.

Maybe expanded unique player and companions thing that cover all of the kind clothes, vanilla clothes for example, not only base body for player, companions and somebody else.

Or is built morphs sustainable enough?