Mass Effect 3

mythicdawnmaster

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad I did at least two of the more important ones in ME2, but I still may have to go back and check. Eh, it'll give me a good excuse to play it again anyways. I wonder if the point structure and all of that transfers over from the second play-through of ME2.

I'm totally working backwards. Jeeze! I just started getting into ME1. I got really frustrated with the "Mako" but I think I'm getting used to it now. And the saves are rough. It's like every time I make it deep into a mission, I'll get killed and it throws me way back to the beginning of the mission, so I learned the hard way to save as much as possible. Took me awhile to get into it, but I like it.

I went with Vanguard cause I like the "Charge", but I haven't seen where that is available. And no Sniper Rifle training, but I guess I'll stick with it because of loading my Shepard to the next game.

Glad I did at least two of the more important ones in ME2, but I still may have to go back and check. Eh, it'll give me a good excuse to play it again anyways. I wonder if the point structure and all of that transfers over from the second play-through of ME2.

I'm totally working backwards. Jeeze! I just started getting into ME1. I got really frustrated with the "Mako" but I think I'm getting used to it now. And the saves are rough. It's like every time I make it deep into a mission, I'll get killed and it throws me way back to the beginning of the mission, so I learned the hard way to save as much as possible. Took me awhile to get into it, but I like it.

I went with Vanguard cause I like the "Charge", but I haven't seen where that is available. And no Sniper Rifle training, but I guess I'll stick with it because of loading my Shepard to the next game.

Charge was a new thing in ME2 and yes, there is no sniper rifle training for Vanguards unless you unlock the achievement and do a new game +.

Pistols work well though, especially with marksman - you don't even need to bother with shotguns unless you want to. Lift, throw, warp & maxed pistol = win :thumbsup:

Hang in there, the ending is worth it.

ME1 required NG+ before you could cross-train with a weapon your class wasn't specced for (the choice was then locked in for that save and could not be altered for future playthroughs).

In ME2, any class can get cross-training with sniper rifles, assault rifles, or shotguns... they just had to choose that option while on board the Collector ship. If you had one or more of those three weapon skills, it offered you the special weapon in that class (Widow for sniper, Revenant for AR, Claymore for shotgun). Otherwise, you could opt to cross-train without that one weapon. You had to do that on your first playthrough as that character though- on NG+ the weapon unlock on the Collector ship doesn't happen since your choice from the previous game carries over. So... yes, you can get snipers as a Vanguard, but you have to do so on your first playthrough and you won't get the Widow regardless (since you need to already have sniper training to acquire it when the cross-training choice pops up). Sniper would probably be the best cross-class training option anyway; the Claymore isn't that great (Geth shotgun is the best, if you have it), the Particle Beam heavy weapon fills the AR's role quite nicely, and the base-level sniper (Mantis) is actually the second most powerful per-shot behind the Widow.

In ME3, any class can choose any weapon, but power-heavy classes are best off with fewer weapons because more and heavier weapons negatively affect power cooldown times. Gameplay-wise, sniper rifles, shotguns, and assault rifles are comparable in weight so the choice of what suits you best is really up to you. Likewise pistols and SMGs are similar in weight. In all cases, the 'super' weapons in each class weigh more.

free me3 dlc

Yes, new maps and Geth Infiltrators. Excellent. Never thought I'd get into it, but it's fun.

Btw hector530, got to experience your bug the other night. Human Infiltrator, floating about 500 yards above the map and

occasionally plummeting to my death. No mic, so no way to tell the person I was in the match with not to bother trying to heal me.

Good times.

Free multiplayer DLC? Will it stay free permanently?

I think it has a two year expiration. Bioware explained (regarding the Extended DLC) that EA requires an expiration date,

but that they had no intention to charge for it. Assuming this is the same deal. Will the MP even be available in two years?

Yeah, I heard of that with the Extended Cut DLC. That means I have two years to download the DLC before it starts to cost 10 dollars or so. And I'm not sure if the MP will still be alive and popular as it is now.