Mass Effect 3

mythicdawnmaster

I don't know if it's true but a lot of the bad reviews in metacritic are due to people being pissed about bad endings due to not playing multiplayer

This would be understandable (though I don't think that's the whole story). Players aren't supposed to have to play multiplayer, but I can't figure out how you're supposed to get the score high enough without it despite importing a maxed character and being an obsessive completionist. The MP is fun though, for a noob who doesn't play MP games (or any other shooters really) anyway.

Edited by flummox

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm...

All of the endings are variants on the same cutscene with swapped-out colors. There are three basic choices that are tweaked slightly by your overall game score (total war assets * multiplayer galactic readiness score). Are the Reapers defeated? Yes. The hows and whys are anything but clear and the whole event smacks of Deus Ex Machina. Variations on the final cutscene give you a vague idea of what happened to Earth, the Citadel, Shepard, and some of Shepard's friends, but there is no aftermath- no depth, no reaction, no follow-up. Event happens, credits roll. Nothing else gets resolved.

The ending is so bad that the above paragraph could be said to contain detailed spoilers. The only question that the finale answers definitively is the one that we all knew the answer to from the moment the game was announced.

The rest of the game is amazing... up until the end, it hits all the right notes, pulls all the right strings, and generally feels like the final act of a galaxy-spanning epic adventure. Even the last few proper missions are great, easily standing beside ME1's Ilos and Citadel sequences for quality and impact. Then it all up and faceplants one step short of the finish line.

...mildly disappointed with the ending.

Awesome game ruined by the ending IMO.

Garrus should have died in my ending since he would have been vapourised by the reaper on the final run to the beam, yet they add some silly ending of the Normandy crashing, and why exactly was the Normandy traveling at FTL during the fight?

If they would have left as either Shep dead just before activating the dock after killing The Illusive Man, or pressing the console, and the device activating. That would have been perfect, but they have to add the god kid crap.

i thought mass effect 3 was one of the best games i ever played...... till the ending. holy crap, the worst ending in all video games for me. not because it is the most awful ever but because its the most disappointing endings ever.

if you wanna keep enjoying mass effect, stop when you think you reached the end and write your own ending. you'll thank me after you watch the actual endings.

Edited by hector530

i thought mass effect 3 was one of the best games i ever played...... till the ending. holy crap, the worst ending in all video games for me. not because it is the most awful ever but because its the most disappointing endings ever.

if you wanna keep enjoying mass effect, stop when you think you reached the end and write your own ending. you'll thank me after you watch the actual endings.

For once in my life I'm in with the 1%... Unfortunately it's just the 'people who didn't completely hate the ME3 ending', but whatever.

Not that I didn't have any problems with it, but it didn't elicit the unbridled rage I see everywhere.

Well, i´m also a bit dissapointed by the endings but not to the point where i´d call it complete failure.

Also, who said this would be the final closure of the ME story? There´s nothing pointed out yet but those endings still leave room for possible continuation.

People making a fuss about it while not even knowing yet if and in what direction the story will be developed in future times is just stupid.

It would be possible to pick up the story in a sequel, picturing the escape/rescue of the Normandy crew either with your old Shep through imported save if he survived (as a bonus feature for those who played the whole trilogy) or a new character if your Shep died.

So this ending doesn´t necessarily have to be the real end. If Bioware would announce today that it wasn´t the final closure and it would be possible to continue the plot with your Shep in a sequel i´m sure not even half of the people ranting about it would complain anymore.

They just fear that it will really be the end. But I highly doubt Bioware will let such a cashcow die with this.

The rumors about ME3 being the end of Sheps arc are not set in stone so far.

What pisses me really off is Bioware´s handling of the ME2 squadmates. While Mordin´s little story is well done the rest of them where just mistreated by the laziness of the writers.

Jack´s part is mediocre at best, Thane´s downright dissapointing and a real downer, Jacob´s made me facepalm and Zaeed´s an insult (really Bioware? 5 minute appeareance and absolutely no interaction options afterwards? What genius thought that up?!). It can be clearly seen and felt that there was absolutely no love or creativity involved in writing them into the story of ME3.

I demand the responsible ones are to be thrown in some dungeon at the end of the world.

Edited by beefsister77

What pisses me really off is Bioware´s handling of the ME2 squadmates. While Mordin´s little story is well done the rest of them where just mistreated by the laziness of the writers.

Jack´s part is mediocre at best, Thane´s downright disappointing and a real downer, Jacob´s made me facepalm and Zaeed´s an insult (really Bioware? 5 minute appearance and absolutely no interaction options afterwards? What genius thought that up?!). It can be clearly seen and felt that there was absolutely no love or creativity involved in writing them into the story of ME3.

I demand the responsible ones are to be thrown in some dungeon at the end of the world.

Bioware painted themselves into a bit of a corner there. The variables (was dlc purchased? did they survive?) made handling ME2's squad mates difficult (and expensive).