Mass Effect 3

mythicdawnmaster

Well, I haven't tried it yet. And I haven't played on "insanity", so I might not be that great, but I do want to try it.

I don't know if you mean MP but Insanity in MP is actually Gold. Bronze is the easiest, Silver is medium and Gold is the hardest.

Yeah, I haven't tried MP yet. I want to. I was just saying that in my single player mode, I haven't played on "hard" or "insanity", so I might not be that "tough". I guess if I were to do it, I would try it on Silver first. The packages look pretty cool, but I'm guessing the credits that are required for the better ones need to be earned in MP mode. I just finished transferring all my content. I scrapped my 250GB for the 320GB Star Wars console with the connect. Comes with a crummy headset, but I'm waiting on a better one that's should be shipped in soon.

Aye, yep the part in your spoiler drives me nuts on hardcore. I keep toggling back and forth from Hardcore to Normal. Especially when I get into tight spaces. I'll toggle to insanity a few times. I pop out like "Hey guys, what's up?" and Wham! "Critical Mission failure". I don't see how guys are able to play through the entire thing on insanity. Pretty rough for me. I'm playing as a Vanguard. Don't know if that's necessarily the best choice for insanity. Still, I might try the Multiplayer on easy first. Heard something about MP war assets being transferable to Singleplayer, but I'm not sure.

Edit: I messed up & replied to my own post somehow when I meant to reply to 62firelight's . yay :wallbash:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, yep the part in your spoiler drives me nuts on hardcore. I keep toggling back and forth from Hardcore to Normal. Especially when I get into tight spaces. I'll toggle to insanity a few times. I pop out like "Hey guys, what's up?" and Wham! "Critical Mission failure". I don't see how guys are able to play through the entire thing on insanity. Pretty rough for me. I'm playing as a Vanguard. Don't know if that's necessarily the best choice for insanity. Still, I might try the Multiplayer on easy first. Heard something about MP war assets being transferable to Singleplayer, but I'm not sure.

Edit: I messed up & replied to my own post somehow when I meant to reply to 62firelight's . yay :wallbash:

Actually yes, you can transfer your MP characters to single player as War Assets. All you need to do is to level up your character to Level 20, the level cap. Then, there will be an option to 'promote' your MP character somewhere in the menu, select that and it will transfer the character to single-player as the war asset "N7 Special Ops Team." I haven't tried this as I've never played MP for quite a while but I'm sure it will work. Also, this might make it easier but you could switch classes to Sentinel, Adept or Infiltrator to make it easier on Insanity.

Played and completed ME3 last week. I'd heard there was widespread looting, raping and pillaging at the ending of ME3 but hadn't read any further about why it was bad before or while playing. Played for 30 hours and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, the same can be said for the other two Mass Effect games. Upon completion I was disappointed, but not enough to go on an internet rampage.

As far as I see it, Hollywood has taught us all to expect a happy ending, and when you realise you've just spent 90 hours roleplaying a character you hoped would have a future only for him to play the role of the martyr, you are sensitive to the fact you won't see him have blue babies/suit babies/genetically superior babies. Then again, if you played ME3 and thought there'd be a happy ending, or that Shepard would survive, you were delusional or clueless. The whole damn game was a lesson in what I call the "Sci-fi channel way to end a series". That is, kill every main character so fans cannot ask for another season/a movie. Also known as the "Farscape effect".

The ending wasn't great, but the 90 hours of sure joy I had playing Mass Effect, of which it was all to do with the story and nothing to do with the actual game, outweighs the final 3 minutes of the last game.

All-in-all, Mass Effect was video game's answer to those story roleplaying books you had as a child. You know the ones I mean, the ones where you get to the end of the page and you have a choice; "if you want to go to the dungeon, go to page 51. If you want to go to the forest, go to page 93". The gameplay meant nothing, but the story was brilliant. A complete reversal of modern video games where gameplay is valued more than a plausible and entertaining storyline.

I think my problem is I've been brought up on Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights, etc. where the story, and the progression of your character is what keeps you playing, not the gameplay. Modern games care little for it these days, being generic, cliched steaming piles of crap in the storyline department. And for that, I value Mass Effect's contribution.

Played and completed ME3 last week. I'd heard there was widespread looting, raping and pillaging at the ending of ME3 but hadn't read any further about why it was bad before or while playing. Played for 30 hours and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, the same can be said for the other two Mass Effect games. Upon completion I was disappointed, but not enough to go on an internet rampage.

As far as I see it, Hollywood has taught us all to expect a happy ending, and when you realise you've just spent 90 hours roleplaying a character you hoped would have a future only for him to play the role of the martyr, you are sensitive to the fact you won't see him have blue babies/suit babies/genetically superior babies. Then again, if you played ME3 and thought there'd be a happy ending, or that Shepard would survive, you were delusional or clueless. The whole damn game was a lesson in what I call the "Sci-fi channel way to end a series". That is, kill every main character so fans cannot ask for another season/a movie. Also known as the "Farscape effect".

The ending wasn't great, but the 90 hours of sure joy I had playing Mass Effect, of which it was all to do with the story and nothing to do with the actual game, outweighs the final 3 minutes of the last game.

All-in-all, Mass Effect was video game's answer to those story roleplaying books you had as a child. You know the ones I mean, the ones where you get to the end of the page and you have a choice; "if you want to go to the dungeon, go to page 51. If you want to go to the forest, go to page 93". The gameplay meant nothing, but the story was brilliant. A complete reversal of modern video games where gameplay is valued more than a plausible and entertaining storyline.

I think my problem is I've been brought up on Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights, etc. where the story, and the progression of your character is what keeps you playing, not the gameplay. Modern games care little for it these days, being generic, cliched steaming piles of crap in the storyline department. And for that, I value Mass Effect's contribution.

people werent mad about it wasnt a happy ending it was about it.

the plotholes(it says your teammates die in the push to the citadel they magically lived with full health but never helped you WTF those asses?!?!, the poorly thought out endings, and just plain lazy and rushed. there's really only one ending with 3 colors. they completely stand apart from the rest of the game. also in my first and only playthrough i got the "perfect ending" and shepard doesnt die at the end. it still sucked.i have no problem with bad endings my favorite game ending of all time was red dead redemption. it was a sad ending but it was masterfully done. but unlike most i didnt even want bioware to change it. it was awful and lore destroying and was going to be impossible to explain in ME4. i wanted them to live with it, that they killled the lore made your choices meanless. the self-defeating nature of the reapers. they're not uneven true free willed AI. they were tools the whole time. no god like robot race just tools. if bioware felt that ending was epic(it was but for the wrong reasons) they should have left it like that. but bioware was damned if they do and damned if they dont with that ending.

as said people werent mad about it not being a happy ending. it was just so self destructive and self defeating

Edited by hector530

Think I'll try the Adept or Infiltrator on insanity and see if I can level up from MP. I just didn't get the ending options that I wanted because of the "War asset effectiveness". Which I thought was high enough but I'm guessing the bottom bar number (which was like roughly half) was the real number needed to get the end option that I wanted.

I got the same impression about the whole ending thing that it wasn't because of a "Happy Ending" issue, but more of a rushed through, left a lot of clarity out of it. I did hear where someone from Bioware said to save the ME3 load, because they will probably think about an ME4. I don't see why not. It did so well. Personally, I hope they do because I started with 3 and liked it so much I went back to 1 & 2, playing them nearly three times each, so I'll be sad if they don't continue it. The ME3 ending wasn't so much of an issue with me, but I can definitely see where a lack of clarification or closure would bother some loyal players who were really banking on an epic ending.

So, a year or two from now, it'll be interesting to see if they develop an ME4 and how they will do it. I have a couple ideas or thoughts of how they might continue it.

Think I'll try the Adept or Infiltrator on insanity and see if I can level up from MP. I just didn't get the ending options that I wanted because of the "War asset effectiveness". Which I thought was high enough but I'm guessing the bottom bar number (which was like roughly half) was the real number needed to get the end option that I wanted.

I got the same impression about the whole ending thing that it wasn't because of a "Happy Ending" issue, but more of a rushed through, left a lot of clarity out of it. I did hear where someone from Bioware said to save the ME3 load, because they will probably think about an ME4. I don't see why not. It did so well. Personally, I hope they do because I started with 3 and liked it so much I went back to 1 & 2, playing them nearly three times each, so I'll be sad if they don't continue it. The ME3 ending wasn't so much of an issue with me, but I can definitely see where a lack of clarification or closure would bother some loyal players who were really banking on an epic ending.

So, a year or two from now, it'll be interesting to see if they develop an ME4 and how they will do it. I have a couple ideas or thoughts of how they might continue it.

Infiltrators have some advantages that are helpful on Insanity (cloak is your friend). With the exception of dealing with Banshees (hate those freakish things) ME3's Insanity difficulty is a bit easier than ME2's.

Regarding Multiplayer: People claim that you can get the "best" ending without playing MP, but I've yet to see anyone explain how. Maybe it's a bug, but every quest and side quest completed was still not enough. MP is fun though and it doesn't take much play time to get your Galactic Readiness up to 100%.

There seems to be a few different camps as far as the ending goes: Those who wanted it to make more sense (understandable), those who wanted to help Tali re-build Rannoch or ride off into the sunset with Liara (blue babies!) and the many who are just happy to have something to rage about.. Then there's that other camp, the ones who saw the entire game as an ending and who thought the journey was more important - but we're all [insert nasty descriptor here]. Tough spot for Bioware, I don't envy them going forward. It will be interesting to see how they plan to continue ME.

Regarding Multiplayer: People claim that you can get the "best" ending without playing MP, but I've yet to see anyone explain how. Maybe it's a bug, but every quest and side quest completed was still not enough. MP is fun though and it doesn't take much play time to get your Galactic Readiness up to 100%.

There seems to be a few different camps as far as the ending goes: Those who wanted it to make more sense (understandable), those who wanted to help Tali re-build Rannoch or ride off into the sunset with Liara (blue babies!) and the many who are just happy to have something to rage about.. Then there's that other camp, the ones who saw the entire game as an ending and who thought the journey was more important - but we're all [insert nasty descriptor here]. Tough spot for Bioware, I don't envy them going forward. It will be interesting to see how they plan to continue ME.

Actually the way to get the "best" ending if you refer to the ending you need 3k ems (the second number) and be full pargon or renegade (max rep) and talk TIM down, with 4k you don't need full pargon renegade and what ever happens with TIM except the bad option gets you the ending. This ending however is only there for those who take the destroy ending not the other two.

As for the camps the largest is the one that trying to make sense of the ending but even in there are those that want that mushy ending with their LI. I on the other hand just want those plote holes filled in, in some way that would properly explain what the heck I saw in the last 10 minutes or so of the game. Thus is the reason I actually believe that the Indoctrination theory might be correct to some point and I do hope when the extended cut arrives finally it puts these questions to rest, but hopefully opens new questions on what is to come in ME4.

Edited by Gracinfields

people werent mad about it wasnt a happy ending it was about it.

the plotholes(it says your teammates die in the push to the citadel they magically lived with full health but never helped you WTF those asses?!?!, the poorly thought out endings, and just plain lazy and rushed. there's really only one ending with 3 colors. they completely stand apart from the rest of the game. also in my first and only playthrough i got the "perfect ending" and shepard doesnt die at the end. it still sucked.i have no problem with bad endings my favorite game ending of all time was red dead redemption. it was a sad ending but it was masterfully done. but unlike most i didnt even want bioware to change it. it was awful and lore destroying and was going to be impossible to explain in ME4. i wanted them to live with it, that they killled the lore made your choices meanless. the self-defeating nature of the reapers. they're not uneven true free willed AI. they were tools the whole time. no god like robot race just tools. if bioware felt that ending was epic(it was but for the wrong reasons) they should have left it like that. but bioware was damned if they do and damned if they dont with that ending.

as said people werent mad about it not being a happy ending. it was just so self destructive and self defeating

Good summary.

Actually the way to get the "best" ending if you refer to the ending you need 3k ems (the second number) and be full pargon or renegade (max rep) and talk TIM down, with 4k you don't need full pargon renegade and what ever happens with TIM except the bad option gets you the ending. This ending however is only there for those who take the destroy ending not the other two.

As for the camps the largest is the one that trying to make sense of the ending but even in there are those that want that mushy ending with their LI. I on the other hand just want those plot holes filled in, in some way that would properly explain what the heck I saw in the last 10 minutes or so of the game. Thus is the reason I actually believe that the Indoctrination theory might be correct to some point and I do hope when the extended cut arrives finally it puts these questions to rest, but hopefully opens new questions on what is to come in ME4.

I meant the destroy ending that opens a certain cutscene. You need 4000 EMS for it to occur and the highest I could get was 3600 or so without MP. Leaving Allers annoying butt on the Citadel doesn't account for 400 pts.

Just hope the Extended Cut smooths things over enough for people to enjoy the series again or move on.

I'd like to think that this wild ending is some sort of precursor to a ME4 and they just aren't saying anything yet. It's a hope.

I had my Total Military strength right up to like 6k or higher, with effective being over 3k. I thought it would unlock the ending I wanted, but didn't (although it did give a third option I didn't have in my 1st play-through, which I missed tons of side quests) and I can't see any other way to boost it, other than MP. Which ought to be fun. The linked video is pretty right on the money about the ending. Didn't really think too much into it, but after seeing that, it all makes sense why people aren't satisfied with the ending. Can't wait to see what the new DLC ending adds.