ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Skyrim (Oldrim) won't start anymore. Error (0xc000001d)

dePog

Out of the blue yesterday I started getting the error message:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000001d)"

I have played Skyrim for years without any issues, until yesterday. Since then I have completely uninstalled all mods, uninstalled Skyrim and then restored it from Backup. Still get the same error.

Anybody know what has happened? (and how to fix it)

Cheers,

dePog

PS. Running on Windows 10

Edited by dePog

actually reinstalling (not just restoring) skyrim doesn't work neither? do all your other programs start correctly? have you updated windows or visual studio or .net or anything else you can think of since the last time you played skyrim?

Edited by ymf331

I just uninstalled all ENB related files and Skyrim will now load. If I install any ENB the error message returns. I even tried reverting back to previous versions of ENB. This is madness because I have used ENB for years.

Windows just seems to update itself whenever it feels the urge, but I haven't done any updates intentionally.

Edited by dePog

i kept thinking i had something helpful but then i thought maybe not haha.

lots of people have enb problems with windows 10 so that might be easier to solve. some people have to go install the old directx9, but for me it seems like my problems with it went away when i moved steam out of program files.

edit: some people said that deleting d3d9x.dll from the skyrim directory fixes it too. looking at my files it looks like i don't have it either.

Edited by ymf331

Yes removing the d3d9.dll allows Skyrim to run, but you can have ENB without it. I don't understand why Windows all of a sudden got upset with this file. I have used ENB for about 4 years with no problems.

i know i had it working the last time i played, but it required some fiddling. i never had any windows errors pop up over it, though. i think my solution was some combination of installing the 2010 directx 9 and reinstalling steam outside program files. for some reason win10 does some weird stuff with permissions if it's in program files.

• 3 months later...