FO3 Freeze after ~20 secs of not loading a new area

BlindIo

So I recently got my mods working, I had to hand install them then use FOMM to do it's thing, and it WAS working. Then I used the console to give me a stealth boy so I could sneak into Sheriff Simm's place before I started the main event. It was about this time that the game started freezing after approximately 20 seconds when I did not load a new area, for example, If i ran into a house, and then ran out, then into another one, then out of megaton, It would freeze between me leaving megaton and getting to the gas station just outside town. It was working fine before I used the console, so I'm not sure what the real problem is. I was going to try to make Fallout 3 large address aware, and see if that worked, but past that I am at a loss. Here is my load order and specs

Windows 7 64 bit SP1

2g 198bit Nvidia card

16G Ram

Intel i5-2500 3.1GHz

Load order:

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

Lings.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm

LingsDLC.esm

CRAFT.esm

CALIBR.esm

xCALIBR.esm

Project Beauty.esm

EVE.esm

Apocalypse Armory.esm

LingsFinerThings.esm

JHBCloverPlus.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Point Lookout.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Mothership Zeta.esp

DarNifiedUIF3.esp

Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp

Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp

CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp

CALIBRxMerchant.esp

FollowersRelax.esp

EssentialFollowers+Caravans.esp

MiniBunker.esp

Apocalypse Armory.esp

Apocalypse Armory - CRAFTing.esp

Apocalypse Armory - CALIBR.esp

Apocalypse Armory - xCALIBR.esp

Apocalypse Armory - DLC Enhancements.esp

WeaponModKits.esp

WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp

WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp

WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp

WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp

WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp

Apocalypse Armory + WMK.esp

Stealthboy Recon Armor - CRAFT.esp

LingsFinerThings.esp

LFT Booster Pack.esp

LingsPrettyThings.esp

LingsPrettyThings-BrokenSteel.esp

EVE.esp

EVE Operation Anchorage.esp

Apocalypse Armory + EVE.esp

bittercup_comp.esp

JHBCloverPlusOverride.esp

xCALIBRammo_override.esp

Fallout Remastered.esp

Total active plugins: 54

Total plugins: 55

Thinking about it, I might need to do a merged patch? I'm not sure how to do that beyond knowing it involves Fo3edit. Any tips or pointers are appreciated. Oh I DID at one point have NEMM installed, but Uninstalled it when it in favor of FOMM. I launch this with FOSE from FOMM, if that's an issue

Edited by BlindIo

Did you limit your CPU to use only two cores? That would effect your performance. Is the game loaded into Program Files? What is the model of video card do you have? Which plugin is not activated?

It's only a 2 core CPU, the game is in C:\Games\Fallout 3, I have this video card, and the plug in is Underground Hideout, which I just deactivated to see if it was causing problems, cause it was the last one I added. Do any of these not play well?

It's only a 2 core CPU

Are you sure? This page says otherwise.

That means you will need to apply the .ini fix:

If you have a multi-core CPU, like the Quad, and you experience a Fallout 3 crash when loading interiors (Specially in closed spaces):

- Open the folder My documents / My Games / Fallout3

- Edit the file FALLOUT.ini.

- Inside FALLOUT.ini look for a group called [general].

- Inside the general group, after all the configuration parameters, just copy and paste the following 2 lines:

bUseThreadedAI=1

iNumHWThreads=2

Now close and save the Fallout 3 configuration file.

A word on your load order:

Lings.esm and Project Beauty don't play well together. You won't experience crashes if you use both anyway, but I would recommend to choose either Lings or Project Beauty, not both.

My personal recommendation would be to keep Lings in, since you also have Lings finer things, etc.

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm is best loaded right after the DLC's. Move it 1 place up.

You also have Fallout Remastered, which means you'll need to do some additional tweaking to your load order. Have a look at it's description page and it's readme to see what you'll need to do.

HA NO WAYI I just put this computer together last week. I swear i thought i was buying a dual core. That rocks though. How did I miss that?

But yeah, that tweak fixed my crashes. I even added the max texture and bumpmap replacements and its still going smooth.

I always move lings down a step when I do my load order. the BOSS sorter in FOMM thinks it needs to be there. So far i haven't encountered any conflicts. My biggest problem is that I just got to big town and bittercup is hostile, a la the BOGized bittercup mod I believe. Oh that and I can't restore from alt-tabbing out. :/ Not a deal breaker but it is annoying when I'm trying to, say, fix bittercup with console commands. anyway, thanks for the posts, I appreciate it.