Can I upload a mod using meshes&textures without author's permission?

SatsukiKun

I would say, always ask for permission even if it isn't necessary, but remember to credit the original author in the readme just as a courtsey.

In fact what I want to ask is if I don't know which mod they belong to, can I upload it? If author sees my mod and doesn't allow me to use, I can delete it.

And if author doesn't reply for a long time, can I upload my mod?

If you can't find which mod author made the assets, it is better not to use them.

Also, if the author doesn't reply to your request for permission for a long time or at all, then assume permission denied by default. Silence is not consent.

Some mod authors have caveats on their mod pages that read to the effect of 'if I don't respond within x amount of time, permission granted'. It should be said that these are rare cases and not to be relied upon.

If you can't find which mod author made the assets, it is better not to use them.

Also, if the author doesn't reply to your request for permission for a long time or at all, then assume permission denied by default. Silence is not consent.

Some mod authors have caveats on their mod pages that read to the effect of 'if I don't respond within x amount of time, permission granted'. It should be said that these are rare cases and not to be relied upon.

Thanks for replying.