Pipboy/Hud WAY to stinkin bright!

Defender1

So I was looking for a way to rid myself of the horribly murky/blurry underwater looks and came across a youtube video that had me change a few settings (radialblur and a couple others). I did so, the change worked and underwater looked fantastic.

Then... I opened my map to go somewhere and BAM! mega bright. I can't even see the icons anymore.

See attached. Any thoughts/help? I've tried undoing those changes (but don't remember all the default settings for the 2 ini changes), mods, HDR/bloom changes but nothing has helped the ui. (Originally the game AND UI was borked but a brightness mod fixed the game, now it's just my pipboy/loadingscreens/ui having issues).

This is said youtube video. The description has the settings that were changed. Like an idiot, i didn't back up the ini files first =\

http://imgur.com/a/POXLN

I'm pretty sure the 1st one was just during a bright day/before i fixed the game's brightness.

I've been using the same armor for quite a while. I didn't change armor before or after this happened.

Also I'm aware of the chameleon armor issues, happens when you go invisible so I never use that stuff anyway.

Lastly, as I mentioned above, initially the entire game (environment AND UI) was super-bright. I managed to fix the gameworld with a lighting mod called Brightness Bug Fix. But that only helped the environment, not my UI/pipboy.