ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[WIP] Floating City Mod

Lucasistheman

Ambitious for a first project. Might I suggest putting this idea on the back burner and coming up with something smaller and more manageable. Based on the storyline I would put this in a class of a mini persistent world or very large single player module. Usually for a first module you will want something you can complete in a timely manner. Something that takes no more than say 6 hours to play through with all the quests completed. The reason I say this is because its good to get some practice in especially with new tools to learn your way around with before starting a large project such as this.

The storyline is filling out nicely and it is a good story. I do think it is ambitious for the skill level, and you need some time working with the toolset to get to the point where building and scripting are second nature rather than fighting with the tools and scripting until you get what you are looking for.

I'm thinking of doing this slowly as I know the tools for Skyrim are actually quite buggy, i.e the navmesh bug which still hasn't been fixed. So to make life easier, I do am going to produce something small and simple and release as a beta version, with updates and new content once I can. Simply to start off with, all cells, interior and exterior have to be made before npcs, quests and scripts because of the navmesh bug, so first version will consist of a new area and once all areas are completed, converted the navmesh and worlds to a .esm were the npcs, scripts and quests will have to be put in .esp.

But your idea of making a small mod first would be a good idea and it might help me learn a bit more about Papyrus. So I guess I could try creating something unique and smaller to make life easier. I find myself more of a story writer and therefore shouldn't be too hard to think of a small mod that would be enjoyable for people. I'll postpone this mod until I get a little more experience in the Creation Kit and wait hopefully for more resources to be uploaded on the Skyrim Nexus.

If you want my input on the 'young' dragons and how I handle it in Dragonborn Legacy to try and go with the lore, then I may have a solution.

I have a custom lore going on that pokes around the holes in TES lore in that in the eternal beginnings of dragons, Akatosh made what the Nords call Matriarchs. Now Matriarchs are not themselves dragons, but rather timeless monstrosities that pull dragons from the eternal ether and give them a physical form on Nirn. Although the act of doing so may - from the untrained eye - look like giving birth, the internal processes are nothing alike.

Now if you have a Dragonpriest or some other ancient Dragon worshiper like the Greybeards or in TDL the Fallen Greybeards, then you can have them discover a Matriarch and steal its 'eggs'. In the mod I'm developing one such Matriarch lives deep under the Throat of the World and another under the mountains between Skyrim and Hammerfell.

• 4 years later...