You Don't Own Skyrim

MorwynKelm

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. But this applies to ANY Steam title for perpetuity.

Also applies to non steam games, some other guy tried scaring us says the same thing yesterday.

Isn't this type of EULA common for most software licensing? Such as the EULA for Microsoft Windows 7?

Also applies to non steam games, some other guy tried scaring us says the same thing yesterday.

Isn't this type of EULA common for most software licensing? Such as the EULA for Microsoft Windows 7?

Yeah most things you buy on a disc are pretty much the same, dunno why people think it's a big deal tbh

Yeah most things you buy on a disc are pretty much the same, dunno why people think it's a big deal tbh

Because people like conspiracies.

The forum is not really a good place a discussion like this. This is really more something you should talk about with a lawyer, if you're that worried about your rights.

The fact of the matter is that anyone can claim anything that like in a license agreement, but a judge could possibly overturn such assertions if they so desire (assuming you take action as applicable by the laws of the country you reside in). Note that I am not a lawyer, so this advice is just my opinion in the matter.

You don't own physical copies of games either. If you did you could take your game, make copies and sell them. I hate Steam cause I have to download the game, then re-download it after I uninstall it. It's a pain in the ass. The whole downloading thing forces me to conform to another person's idea of how I should live my life. It's like building a city without sidewalks or public transportation, forcing every person living in the city to own a car. You can tell the person who complains "it's your choice to live in the city or not," but when even the suburbs and countryside are being molded to force you into the cities, eventually you gotta say "I'll punch you in the face b**ch!" Edited by PsxMeUP

Simple: put Steam in offline mode. That way it'll never ever know to stop you from playing Skyrim, even if you were by some divine intervention of Talos banned from playing Skyrim.

This whole debate it pointless anyway, everyone knows by now that you sign very similar EULAs whenever you download any software online.

Edited by Rennn