copin with skyrim addiction

cybill

I work, take classes online and have a young daughter. My husband and I played consoles and MMORPGs for years, and I have always liked the elder scrolls games. I stopped playing WoW because I just wasn't into the online gaming thing anymore. Hubby is playing Star Wars now, and I play Skyrim. I like the single player games because I can decide that I am going to log on and go do one dungeon/quest/crafting session, etc. You just have to use iron self-discipline because it is easy to let one thing lead into another. I still find myself slipping and spending more time than I want to playing sometimes, but I mostly restrict it.

Right now I work second shift, so I restrict my gaming to an hour or so after I get home (everyone is sleeping), and maybe a couple of hours on the weekend. I don't want my daughter's memories of me being seeing me zoned out in front of the computer while I stick her in front of the TV. Have you ever watched The Guild? I used to be in a guild with someone like the blonde one. I know it is a lot harder when you have a significant other that doesn't understand gaming. One of the guys I work with lost his fiance because he spends all of his spare time gaming, and thinks it isn't his job to keep her entertained. Unfortunately she found someone else that did keep her entertained.

Sometimes it helps me to put things in perspective. If I decide that I should limit myself to two hours a day of gaming, I think of the other things I do and how it would be if I spent the same amount of time doing them. Could you imagine what a virtuoso I would be playing my guitar if I practiced two hours a day? Or if I spent two hours hiking in the park? I tend to game more in the winter when there isn't as much to do outside, and don't game much at all in the summertime. As was said by those previously, balance is the key, and the hardest thing to figure out. :)

I was addicted to Skyrim... I played every day all day for weeks and even lost some weight because of it. If i wasn't playing skyrim I was looking at skyrim PICTURES and reading skyrim THREADS! I seriously couldn't peel myself from the screen. The funny part is I didn't even play Oblivion. I still play it but I'm not as addicted anymore, and I think that is because I realized how much of my life I was "wasting" to the game.

But I mean, if you are having fun why is it a problem?? Enjoy yourself I say!

Pic related

http://media.celebremix.com/5/mediaFiles/remix/39/4092.jpg

Anyway, the moral of the story is... women > skyrim

but if you don't have women like me, then skyrim will do :D

Remember, too, on the flip side, that play is important and necessary for health. If you stop playing in life, you're about dead.

But, yeah, too much play and not doing stuff for real...

Maybe also try combining the two. Get your loved ones into Skyrim or find ways to make life outside Skyrim equal or better than Skyrim.

Yo man the bible says that we were born in sin and all mankind has fallen from God. This world is broken and so are you and me. Instead of worshipping The Creator we worship creation instead and exchange the truth for lies and addictions are an example of that. We try to fill the void in our lives with things of this world and they come up short every time. I tell you this because I love you and the only way you will ever find true satisfaction is through Jesus Christ who came and died.

Yo man the bible says that we were born in sin and all mankind has fallen from God. This world is broken and so are you and me. Instead of worshipping The Creator we worship creation instead and exchange the truth for lies and addictions are an example of that. We try to fill the void in our lives with things of this world and they come up short every time. I tell you this because I love you and the only way you will ever find true satisfaction is through Jesus Christ who came and died.

Lets leave mythology to the actual game, eh?

Reminds me... the reason we have freedom of religion in my country, unlike Skyrim, is because we either know it's just myth or we know it's not relevant to anything really important.

In Skyrim, most of that sheet is really mostly true, so it matters.

Who knew orgasm could be so deadly.

Who knew orgasm could be so deadly.

Reminds me... ever thought what if people are like sperm, like one in a billion ever makes it to the next level. Religion is for the rest, the failures who just want to believe everyone graduates.

We shouldn't turn this into a religion debate thread. The mods will probably lock it and the OP was appreciating some of the advice coming his way.

indeed. a beautiful thing about forums is they are inclusive - i see no need for bringing any debate which excludes people here. these forums are about skyrim and where as there could be a very interestin conversation about its mythological routes in real world beliefs (even to as far to say its lore is a replacement religion) maybe that is somethin for another topic. it is interestin seein it spiral out of control but it would be a shame to see this get locked. i don't know what rights i have as bein the starter of the topic but i ask to leave that outside. i very much appreciate the feedback here.

i am not really as lost a cause as i maybe made myself out to be. i have nipped it in the bud so to speak. i simply felt some impulse and need to disclose it to a skyrim community.

what shocked me was that although i knew i would get sucked in i didn't realise how much i would actually treat the game as an addict. my girlfriend is equally shocked at how i lied - for example when i said i needed to stay in my town an extra night (we live in different towns you see) because i had work or some form of believable excuse the simple truth was because i was playin a game.

as i am self-employed i have to do a self assessment for my taxes...i very very luckily got it in about 2 hours before receivin a £100 fine. my bedroom is a tip, physically and mentally so am i.

my pets are fine so...i didn't ignore them too hard

last night my dreams were simply me playin skyrim...no grandness to it...simply me playin skyrim.

its like it has been branded into my brain.