Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

Modders who want to make money should apply for a job at a game studio, not destroy the modding community for their own self interests. Can't get a job? Oh well, you are not entitled to money because you CHOOSE to mod.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modders who want to make money should apply for a job at a game studio, not destroy the modding community for their own self interests. Can't get a job? Oh well, you are not entitled to money because you CHOOSE to mod.

If they did that they wouldn't have enough time to make the mods!

Nice straw man. I never said anything about CC making mods better. I actually suspect not much will change unless you're playing on a console.

And it's a community, not a cult. Differing opinions are allowed without those who disagree being traitors or backstabbers.

Although since you think modding is easy and just like playing with Legos, you should be able to whip up something new and original in no time that would amaze everyone and give credibility to your bluster, right?

Â

Once you see the inner workings of how the game is built you kind of loose the ability to be amazed by much of anything to be honest. It's not that hard. really. The hardest part is working with the Cr@p tools Bethesda gave us and the ancient limited engine they use. Another thing that makes it easy is the community you seem to want to destroy. There are many tutorials and guides out there for every aspect of modding Beth Games. But maybe that's why some greedy modders want to destroy the community? They want to elevate their elitism.

Â

People wanting to portray themselves to be more than what they are is very common, also very prevalent with some modders it seems.

So make something besides Sim Settlement addons if it's so easy. Personally I think you're all bluster and no substance. Go ahead, prove me wrong.

And stop trying to force me into your cult. I'm neither for or against the CC, I'm just anti-buffoon.

@MrJoseCuervo I feel that you are getting mod authors and Bethesda confused with one another. While I'm sure there are many who want to be paid for some of the mods they put out I very rarely (If ever) hear any of the mod authors on the nexus demand that they should get paid for the work they do. Bethesda is the one pushing this not the other way around. If the system goes through and they want to apply and get paid for their work that is their choice.

Also, I don't know how familiar you are with the game industry and its hiring process, but your past work experience is not nearly as important as your portfolio is. Especially when trying to get your first job. Making mods gives many an ability to hone their craft and beef up their portfolio and being able to slap on to your resume that you did some contract work for Bethesda would definitely help you in trying to snag that first job.

Personally I'm neither for nor against the CC. Until I get some more information on it I will remain neutral. You know making informed decisions and what not.

Edited by bluesunmerc

@MrJoseCuervo I feel that you are getting mod authors and Bethesda confused with one another. While I'm sure there are many who want to be paid for some of the mods they put out I very rarely (If ever) hear any of the mod authors on the nexus demand that they should get paid for the work they do. Bethesda is the one pushing this not the other way around. If the system goes through and they want to apply and get paid for their work that is their choice.

Also, I don't know how familiar you are with the game industry and its hiring process, but your past work experience is not nearly as important as your portfolio is. Especially when trying to get your first job. Making mods gives many an ability to hone their craft and beef up their portfolio and being able to slap on to your resume that you did some contract work for Bethesda would definitely help you in trying to snag that first job.

Personally I'm neither for nor against the CC. Until I get some more information on it I will remain neutral. You know making informed decisions and what not.

Well sure, and there is a reason they are not providing information and putting people under an NDA.

Which is literally standard procedure for almost every contact job in games, this one included.

< Why the hell would that be standard procedure? What does Bethesda have to hide from us, besides that they screwing us over? >

Edited by DSPiron

Which is literally standard procedure for almost every contact job in games, this one included.

< Why the hell would that be standard procedure? What does Bethesda have to hide from us, besides that they screwing us over? >

NDA's are standard in many contracts! It shouldn't be some sort of a shock.

Take a second to think about your favorite TV show or Movie, everyone who works or worked on the set of them had to sign an NDA to for one not spoil.

Take 2 want to ban modding

Zenimax want to get money from mods

and now Topware want to charge for CHEAT CODES!!!!!!!!! ON A 7 YEAR OLD GAME

that's right. if you still play Two Worlds II then it has updated to totally disable the use of console commands, but don't worry, now you can buy cheats through the use of in game microtransactions.

And which games with that kind of SOP have a vibrant modding community like we do?

None.

People need to realize. Most modders don't play these games. Sure they may have at first but the majority of the ones I mingle with do not. Their game is making mods. So going the route of Micro transactions will have Zero affect on them other than getting a few Bethesda bucks for helping with the fleecing the community who supported them for years.

Edited by MrJoseCuervo