Skyrim mods doesn't work

mutika

I think I have found the solution to the problem. Today I deleted a bunch of the mods from my Skyrim folder and a couple of the mods worked (only a couple might be cofliction but whatever.) I hopes this helps some other people to.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings to everyone. :)

Not a modder by any stretch, but I did mod a pirated Skyrim a while back using the NMM, mostly without relevant issues.
Now I finally bought the game on Steam, and just to be sure I was doing everything right I looked up a modding guide. I followed the instructions (re-installed NMM, installed SKSE, double checked SKSE was working and it was the right version etc.)

Unfortunately not one mod has worked. If anyone can find the time to help me out please do. :)

If it helps there's one thing - I still use my old saves from the pirated version, if that is somehow an issue.

Same problem here... Data files option greyed out too, here's what I tried:

Game-wise

>Made sure BOTH Skyrim.Prefs.ini files had the =1 line of code.

>Changed both lines of code to 0, saved the file, and back to 1, saving it again.

>Tried the same with setting it to 0 before starting the launcher, then changing it to 1 with launcher on, and re-opening launcher.

>Tried both of those multiple times.

>Deleted spare Skyrim.Prefs.ini file I had in another folder as a backup in case I f***ed up.

>Checked if I have the latest patch for Skyrim.

Mod Manager-wise

>Unsubscribed from ALL mods on Steam.

>Made sure mods were actually checked in NMM itself.

>Activated mods in both the Mods and Plugin tabs in NMM.

>Updated NMM.

>Downloaded SKSE.

>Made sure SKSE is working properly.

PC-wise

>Moved Steam to a folder outside of program files, as per instruction on the Nexus Wiki.

>Installed mods via said Wiki instructions, minding the install instructions on the mod itself.

>De-installed, then re-installed the mods.

>Went with a mod I used before on Steam so I knew I wasn't missing anything.

>Checked if my PC was properly updated.

I don't know what in Oblivion is causing this, but I'm pretty stumped on what it could be here. :confused: If it's relevant: I have the Steam version of the game, and I'm running Windows 7. My downloaded DLC is Hearthfire and Dawnguard, which won't load either, even without mods. The Data Files option won't budge either, no matter what I try.

Edited by Zephyra13

• 6 months later...

This is for people who have problems reinstalling the game with mods, when you run into serious headaches, banging your head against the wall!!!!!

First make sure if you are using the steam workshop mods--------------unsubscribe and unfavorite everything---you may want to take screenshots of your favorite mods before you do this unless you want to have

another headache... ------------you must complete this step inorder to see your mods show up at all period end of discussion..

Second, make sure you also do a complete uninstall of everything associated with Nexus or the Steam workshop, The steam delete of skyrim should be easy it removes most things, most of the time, second the nexus one, the same thing.....

Delete Skyrim from steam, and reinstall.......Hope this solves a lot of mod issues, and hopefull they show back up for you , when you do subscribe back to them and favourite them, Have a Great Day!!!

i'm f***ing done with mods. They're just a waste of time.

This is for people who have problems reinstalling the game with mods, when you run into serious headaches, banging your head against the wall!!!!!

First make sure if you are using the steam workshop mods--------------unsubscribe and unfavorite everything---you may want to take screenshots of your favorite mods before you do this unless you want to have

another headache... ------------you must complete this step inorder to see your mods show up at all period end of discussion..

Second, make sure you also do a complete uninstall of everything associated with Nexus or the Steam workshop, The steam delete of skyrim should be easy it removes most things, most of the time, second the nexus one, the same thing.....

Delete Skyrim from steam, and reinstall.......Hope this solves a lot of mod issues, and hopefull they show back up for you , when you do subscribe back to them and favourite them, Have a Great Day!!!

Hey,

I've got a problem with my mods in skyrim. I've downloaded nexus mod manager and then I wanted some graphic and weapon mods for skyrim. So I've downloaded and installed them and they were activated and so on but when I start skyrim I can't find any of the mods. No mod is working. Thanks for answers and help.

mutika

• 6 months later...