Machinima - NCR Stories - Episode Ideas?

Airborne8254

Hello there,

I see you have stumbled upon this thread. Well if you actually read the topic Title and Description you can see this is obviously about Fallout New Vegas Machinima. I have pondered this idea since Fallout: NV came out, NCR Stories. In a nutshell NCR Stories is pretty much a compilation of random stories from NCR troopers and Rangers. Example: One episode about an Legion ambush of NCR troopers on patrol. This is just one example of what you would be seeing in an episode. The episodes are NOT going to be linked in anyway. There may be in some instances a two or three part episode with in depth characters.

Now onto the point of this Thread.

I have the proper computer,software, AND skills to complete a project like this but the major problem of this is.... IDEAS. What I havent been able to do is think of a legitimate idea that is executeable. I would personally like to ask you to come up with an idea or two for an episode.

Idea Guidelines:

- Go in depth on your idea

- If you think your idea is dumb, tell it anyway (within reason), it may very well be a good idea.

- Provide how long you think the Episode should be (mm:ss)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you havent viewed my work check out my YouTube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Directinator303?feature=mhee

If you have Facebook Like us! :

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Directinator-Studios/144614832233552

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for putting in your ideas, credidation will be provided in credits.

This is an excellent concept and I'm keen to contribute ideas if I may.

If the main thrust of the story is going to focus on NCR troopers & Rangers then one of the main themes should be this: boredom.

There's an old expression that is universal with all armies: hurry up & wait.

Essentially serving in most active combat zones is on average 90% nothing happening and 10% sheer mayhem. That should be the tempo and pace of the story, IMO anyway.

Now what to do in the majority of the time? Well most of the characters will be complaining and bitching about anything and everything. Soldiers gripe about all sorts of things be it the food, their current assignment, their superior officers & NCO's, the weather, lack of leave.... and so on...the list is endless. Now this can be done in a humorous manner, often best is a mix with jokes and dark humour. Also funny and strange things happen in active combat zones or in other words weird sh*t happens.

These are just a few ideas that come to my mind and of course, the real trick will be writing the scripted dialogue for the characters. That's the hard bit as it has to be believable and above all, good.

Currently I'm in the middle of writing a story but I do need other ideas to work as well. I'll need some time to come up with a basic script. Are you planning to have voice actors for this?

If the main thrust of the story is going to focus on NCR troopers & Rangers then one of the main themes should be this: boredom.

Essentially serving in most active combat zones is on average 90% nothing happening and 10% sheer mayhem. That should be the tempo and pace of the story, IMO anyway.

Now what to do in the majority of the time? Well most of the characters will be complaining and bitching about anything and everything. Soldiers gripe about all sorts of things be it the food, their current assignment, their superior officers & NCO's, the weather, lack of leave.... and so on...the list is endless. Now this can be done in a humorous manner, often best is a mix with jokes and dark humour. Also funny and strange things happen in active combat zones or in other words weird sh*t happens.

These are just a few ideas that come to my mind and of course, the real trick will be writing the scripted dialogue for the characters. That's the hard bit as it has to be believable and above all, good.

Currently I'm in the middle of writing a story but I do need other ideas to work as well. I'll need some time to come up with a basic script. Are you planning to have voice actors for this?

Thanks for responding, I do indeed plan on having voice acting, but not a lot. I do agree i do need to show the boredom of the soldiers but yet i still need to keep up with action at least once or twice each episode to keep them interested at the very least. I mean sure someone can appreciate good directing,scripting and acting but to what extent? Let me know when you have an idea.

That was actaully one idea i was going to embark on, but due to limitations of the game and such i decided against it. I will keep that idea in mind though. I have decided to go with the whole boredom idea, but also include some action into the episode.

Well in that vein. Your first episode should point out the one obvious fact about the mojave that anyone who has been through the area can attest to. It's hot as hell out there. Building off of that I'd say that a good starting episode for introducing your characters, and I don't suggest anymore more than 4 or 5 central characters at this stage in production. Would be their bitching about the unbearable weather conditions.

Just a few thoughts for joke punchlines.

The NCR veteran armor has them pretty much locked into it with a heavy overcoat on.Not a phenominal fashion choice for an overly warm climates. Chances are those guys smell like sweaty ballsacks all day (pardon my french) Possibly having one or more of the characters make note of this fact while they're on duty might be a good rolling gag.

Having someone claim to not be bothered by the weather at all. and either having a quick face change to them turning ghoulish under the sunlight, or catching on fire, whilst being completly ignorant of the fact that there is anything wrong.

Someone mentioning the possibility of going to the river to cool off. followed by a quick flashback of someone being dragged off by a lakelurk whilst attempting the same thing. and some sort of commentary on that.

A pan across to the other side to the ceaser's legion camps, where a comment is made on the fact that their toga's breath very easily. made in a mocking manner to imply that the legion is full of cross dressers.

Just a few general ideals, and obviously the dialogue of the jokes needs to be worked out a good bit. and a good bit more filler mixed in between those bits. But I think you could get about 6 minutes worth of running time from it.

Although this is entirely dependant on whether or not you want to take a slapstick approach to things. If you want to go the action route then you might be better off focusing on one or two characters and how their heroic actions won the battle for the NCR. showing this through a build up of skirmishes and if you focus on two characters, how their relationship builds.

Edited by formalrevya

i always wantted to be someone that Fought at one of the biggest battles in NV and its up to u to survive this or die. same gos with other mager things that happened there. to the point u make a rouge ranger that IS WILLING TO go all the way to make a nuke winter in NV XD