ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

I made a mesh***

KiteRed

I can't imagine this will work - 215 MB only for a model, can Skyrim handle this? Normal models have a few MB, weapons 'bout 1-2000 polygons. How many polygons you have then? A few millions?

about 1 million and that's where i messed up. I came here to see if anyone has had

experience with this sort of problem. You don't even need to texture it. I don't want

someone doing my work for me so I'm not taking credit for its completion. If anything

i would like people to see it as a project/challenge. Just want to use this in game is all.

mesh concept is there just needs a fix.

TD;LR- i messed up, credit to whoever gets it to work.

I can't imagine this will work - 215 MB only for a model, can Skyrim handle this? Normal models have a few MB, weapons 'bout 1-2000 polygons. How many polygons you have then? A few millions?

about 1 million and that's where i messed up. I came here to see if anyone has had

experience with this sort of problem. You don't even need to texture it. I don't want

someone doing my work for me so I'm not taking credit for its completion. If anything

i would like people to see it as a project/challenge. Just want to use this in game is all.

mesh concept is there just needs a fix.

TD;LR- i messed up, credit to whoever gets it to work.

Its a very nice looking sword, im guessing you put it into z brush to get 1 mil? or did you make it all in max... because well a million polys in max is just a... well they would get in the way. although, all that said you could see if you can pro optimize the mesh for a start, umm see if you can optimize it A. down so it looks the same but keep it as low poly as possible then B down to about 1-2 thousand polys, then bake on the higher model?

Its a very nice looking sword, im guessing you put it into z brush to get 1 mil? or did you make it all in max... because well a million polys in max is just a... well they would get in the way. although, all that said you could see if you can pro optimize the mesh for a start, umm see if you can optimize it A. down so it looks the same but keep it as low poly as possible then B down to about 1-2 thousand polys, then bake on the higher model?

I made this solely in max the problem was that i didn't know it'd be this hard to revert your mesh

back to a low poly without ruining it. I figure I would just make it high poly, bake when complete, and

then return to a low poly count....then i realized I had no clue what i was doing, I can barely figure out

3ds Max let alone bake with it. Failed to learn along the way for being presumptuous.

btw here's a new piece i just finished making, 4919 polys.

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/llVlUGEN/Capture1.png

i will add it into skyrim for ya. Send me a private message with your colour scheme and ill work on it :D

*Edit* 3ds Max is yelling at me, anyway you could upload a nif and send a link to me via private message?

Edited by zameri

I'd love to give this a shot if you dont mind. I'm an amateur modder myself, but i can take everything from just the mesh and see what i can do with it. The nice thing is, my comp should be able to handle it. No i do have one question for you. Is this a one hand sword, or a two hand sword?

I'd love to give this a shot if you dont mind. I'm an amateur modder myself, but i can take everything from just the mesh and see what i can do with it. The nice thing is, my comp should be able to handle it. No i do have one question for you. Is this a one hand sword, or a two hand sword?

It's a one handed sword and please do as you wish with it.

as for your offer i'm going to have to refuse I'm just a novice

i started working with 3ds max a few days ago with less than 6 hours

of experience. To be honest the meshes i make are just vanilla objects

copied, rotated, cropped, moved, and skewed. I would love to work with

you once I feel like I'm dependable.

I made it a 2 hander, it kinda looks better like that but i can make it a one hander also.

The reason for 2 hander, is the blade is broad and thus makes more sense to be a 2 hander

I made it a 2 hander, it kinda looks better like that but i can make it a one hander also.

The reason for 2 hander, is the blade is broad and thus makes more sense to be a 2 hander

thanks, personally I would like mine to be a 1 handed weapon.