Dismembering a corpse?

QuentinVance

I've installed the Geck Powerup and it looks like everything works, but unfortunately I won't be able to actually see the script in-game for a few days at least.
​I'll let you guys know if something happens. Thanks for helping me!

Something's wrong here... I've managed to get New Vegas working again so I also had a chance to see if Bob works well too, looks like he doesn't appear at all. I don't know if that's just because he's in the open or maybe something else is happening.

I don't think he's doing anything with shader flags, unless I missed where he said he was using a custom skin or mesh.

I was able to reproduce the NPC not showing up, but only by forgetting to check the box for my test mod in FOMM (insert a Homer D'oh! here). Other than that, I never had the NPC fail to appear.

Anyway, I played around with it for a bit and I found that the NPC didn't work correctly unless I checked the No Low Level Processing flag, so make sure you have that checked.

Just for giggles I tried dismembering the head, both arms, and both legs. That worked pretty well and I ended up with an NPC that was splattered all over Doc Mitchell's back yard. If you want details, I posted the test mod on my Mod Requests page here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60488?

Look for the file called Mongo Kablooey.

The NPC is named Dewey Kablooey and his ID is zzKablooey. The reference is zzKablooeyREF and he is placed in Doc Mitchell's back yard. I blamed Dewey's death on Doc Mitchell because Dewey exploded in Doc's back yard (and because I was too lazy to make up a generic NPC ref to blame the death on). I don't know if it will work properly if you blame the NPC's death on himself.

This is the script I used. It's not an explosion but I just wanted to see what would happen.

scn zzMongoKablooeyScript

Begin GameMode
If (GetDead == 0)
Kill DocMitchellREF 1 -1
Kill DocMitchellREF 3 -1
Kill DocMitchellREF 5 -1
Kill DocMitchellREF 7 -1
Kill DocMitchellREF 10 -1
Endif
End

This is quite strange, I set my actor to act in the same exact way but he still doesn't want to appear.

I've tried to blame DocMitchell and even change the exploding part, but still nothing. By the way, I've got other actors (without scripts) and they all spawn fine, except one that appears as a caucasian while I set him as an afroamerican. But still, this is the only guy that doesn't seem to spawn at all.

Does your actor have any sort of AI package that might cause him to end up somewhere else?

If your mod is an esp, any NPCs that you define in it will suffer from the head/body skin mismatch bug. There are some ini file tweaks that fix this for some folks but those tweaks don't work for everyone. If you want your NPCs bodies to have the correct skin shade you need to define them in esm files.