BSA Files

TheTrueFalloutGod

I'm obviously new to the GECK scene, and got stuck when creating new containers as I could not find their models; so after searching the web I discovered that all these sorts of parts of the game were located in an archive type folder of files known as BSA. I am simply requesting that someone talk me through how to obtain and use these (in-depth) so that I can use them without breaking anything. Thank you.

PS - I've heard FOMM is a way to do it, can I use my NMM?

Your going to need to use FOMM's Archive extractor to unpack the BSA's. there is another program that is not a mod manager to unpack the archives but, I can't remember the name. If I remember it right you can find it in the Skyrim (OldRim not SE) mods section but it worked for any game before FO4 and SE. I don't know if it's been updated for the new games.

Your going to need to use FOMM's Archive extractor to unpack the BSA's. there is another program that is not a mod manager to unpack the archives but, I can't remember the name. If I remember it right you can find it in the Skyrim (OldRim not SE) mods section but it worked for any game before FO4 and SE. I don't know if it's been updated for the new games.

I've unpacked the meshes and textures, but there seems to be many missing. For example, there are no container nifs or anything of the kind (Footlocker).