You know what i like?

Tamujiin

I like that I can be crazier than anyone here...including Mos

I also like that after this deployment of mine I get a 30 day leave from work! :biggrin:

30 days to do...something

Like that that is like possible Umm that too....Only like that only Carah can verify the truth...lol..

I like to say something is Gas...in Ireland..is like its or ones Cool..or Wow oh really...something like that depends how its used.I like that my Grams used to ones say never to old . :wink:

"Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas, gas, gas."

-Rolling Stones-

Does the lyric make sense to y'all, now?

The term 'gas' as a synonym for 'cool' was most popular in the US in the early '60's, part of Beat Generation lingo, most-frequently applied to jazz musicians. It was eventually replaced by 'groovy' in the latter part of that decade. Obviously, it's still in use overseas.

I like outmoded slang; keeps the kids on their toes.

Like that that is like possible Umm that too....Only like that only Carah can verify the truth...lol..

I like to say something is Gas...in Ireland..is like its or ones Cool..or Wow oh really...something like that depends how its used.I like that my Grams used to ones say never to old . :wink:

"Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas, gas, gas."

-Rolling Stones-

Does the lyric make sense to y'all, now?

The term 'gas' as a synonym for 'cool' was most popular in the US in the early '60's, part of Beat Generation lingo, most-frequently applied to jazz musicians. It was eventually replaced by 'groovy' in the latter part of that decade. Obviously, it's still in use overseas.

I like outmoded slang; keeps the kids on their toes.

I like that you think that is outmoded, who's to say gas didn't originate here... people in Ireland have been using that bit of slang here for ages young and old, and still do...la.. :wink:

Happy birthday, Sheppard, sorry for it not being cheerful, but I can't do that right now.

thank you Sarya i hope everything is alright

Sheppard

I like that you think that is outmoded, who's to say gas didn't originate here... people in Ireland have been using that bit of slang here for ages young and old, and still do...la.. :wink:

It's only outmoded in America. Current lingo for 'cool' in common usage (at least within Army subculture) is "Sweeeet", "tha bomb", or "tha shizzle."

Spilling from the lips of someone my age, though, those terms are just FUBAR.

Which is why I dig outmoded slang... it suits my age demographic.

Returning to topic... I like some things about my job.

Today's entertaining moment was probably one of the best I've had in weeks; the NCO meeting at close-of-business. My acting Platoon Sergeant, SSG Fatinikun, is a nice-enough guy, but he's originally from Nigeria, and English is a second language for him. Our meeting today came at 16:00, he walked in, complaining about not having gotten any breakfast or lunch, and started chowing down on a piece of cornbread from the Dining Facility.

Now, his Nigerian accent is really thick to begin with.

He stammers when he speaks English, and it's even worse when he's not in a good mood.

Add in a mouthful of cornbread on top of that.... I couldn't understand a single syllable coming out of his mouth for ten full minutes. I just sat there, smiling and nodding my head, knowing that I'd get all the important information tomorrow morning from SGT Morris.

Wish I'd had a tape-recorder. o_O

"Cherry" was also used, as was "tits". But all in all, it's sweet, cool, hip, hep, grooovy, a gas, and far out. Can ya dig it ?

Oh....*I Like* having enough self control to be able to keep myself from saying in another thread to a person: "Don't talk with your mouth full." ...heh....

I also like that after this deployment of mine I get a 30 day leave from work! :biggrin:

*I Like* the difference between "can be" and "is be".

*I Like* the difference between "can be" and "is be".

I like "may be", "could be", "should be" and "would be"

I like never talk with my mouth full...I swallow first :whistling: