15 to 20 fps is killing me man! Any ideas?

whitchell

First of all let me start by apologising for what I'm about to ask, as it seems to be a never ending topic for this game.....

I'm having fps issues which until recently ive always managed to fix myself, but this time it looks like ive been defeated.

I may have to admit to myself that my pc just cant handle what I'm now throwing at it but before I think of upgrading just for the sake of this game (which I love beyond words!) I figured I would ask you guys for any advice you may have me try.

My system is

AMD FX 4100 Quad Core

3.6ghz

8gb Ram

Geforce GTX 750 gpu

and recently purchased a uhd Samsung 4k tv

Now, I am wondering if the tv is the issue but I have tried different resolutions to no avail.

I get 15 to 20 fps in the outside world and around 25 to 30 in cells. I use mods, around 130, and understand the toll a lot of these can take on lower end systems hence my possible denial that this setup just cant cut it anymore! Anyway, I will list things I have tried and see if anyone can hopefully show me anything I may have missed or done wrong

Nvidia settings...

vsync on/off

triple buffering on/off

texture filtering quality/performance

fxaa on/off

AA application controlled/off

AF application controlled/off

Adjust image settings have been tried in favour of performance, quality and balanced.

SkyrimPrefs.ini tweaks

Skyrim.ini tweaks

Enblocal tweaks

Have read through s.t.e.p a couple of times in the past and got started modding through Gophers guides so ive tried to follow as much advice and guides as possible to keep my game running smooth. I think I already know what answers are coming but I had to ask.

I used to average around 45 to 55 fps when I had about 80 to 100 mods, so its looking like I'm just pushing this too far but as I said I figured id ask first before taking the next step, if you need some mods listed just let me know, also if theres an easy way to post them? Thanks in advance guys and once again sorry for the age old question and rambling long post!

First of all let me start by apologising for what I'm about to ask, as it seems to be a never ending topic for this game.....

I'm having fps issues which until recently ive always managed to fix myself, but this time it looks like ive been defeated.

I may have to admit to myself that my pc just cant handle what I'm now throwing at it but before I think of upgrading just for the sake of this game (which I love beyond words!) I figured I would ask you guys for any advice you may have me try.

My system is

AMD FX 4100 Quad Core

3.6ghz

8gb Ram

Geforce GTX 750 gpu

and recently purchased a uhd Samsung 4k tv

Now, I am wondering if the tv is the issue but I have tried different resolutions to no avail.

I get 15 to 20 fps in the outside world and around 25 to 30 in cells. I use mods, around 130, and understand the toll a lot of these can take on lower end systems hence my possible denial that this setup just cant cut it anymore! Anyway, I will list things I have tried and see if anyone can hopefully show me anything I may have missed or done wrong

Nvidia settings...

vsync on/off

triple buffering on/off

texture filtering quality/performance

fxaa on/off

AA application controlled/off

AF application controlled/off

Adjust image settings have been tried in favour of performance, quality and balanced.

SkyrimPrefs.ini tweaks

Skyrim.ini tweaks

Enblocal tweaks

Have read through s.t.e.p a couple of times in the past and got started modding through Gophers guides so ive tried to follow as much advice and guides as possible to keep my game running smooth. I think I already know what answers are coming but I had to ask.

I used to average around 45 to 55 fps when I had about 80 to 100 mods, so its looking like I'm just pushing this too far but as I said I figured id ask first before taking the next step, if you need some mods listed just let me know, also if theres an easy way to post them? Thanks in advance guys and once again sorry for the age old question and rambling long post!

Realistically you will never run 1440 P on this hardware.

You'll be better off to go back to your old 1080 P monitor.

Six years ago the FX 4100 was an economy quad core ($100.00)that was three generations behind the same Intel technology.

It's fairly safe to say changing to the 1440 P TV is something that will not work.

You need to revert back to your old monitor or upgrade.

Might be able to set resolution at 1080 P or lower that will work but attempting to go to a 4K resolution is an exercise in futility.

Edited by Reynard131

use 1920 resolution or 2715(less fps than 1920 but looks slightly better)

for 750 gtx use medium skyrim settings

in nvidia control panel the power settings use prefer maximin performance

download cleanmem use it

he said 4k tv not 4k resolution

And where did he say he does NOT play in 4k resolution?

Better luck next time, skannerz22.

the same place he said he was playing in 4k :wink:

check mate

Edited by skannerz22

Until the O/P shows that they have miraculously returned somehow to the thread, it is pointless to get into the "one up" thing.

If in a weeks time the Author, has not returned it is thread necromancy....

Novem99 has always been helpful.

Posting on every thread (spaming) just to add to your post count is pointless, especially if you cloud the issues, or give mis-information. You cannot change the laws of physics.

If the original poster is not committed enough to return, it is a pointless exercise in futility.

Edited by Reynard131

the same place he said he was playing in 4k :wink:

check mate

Ohy my god, what a lame reply. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to assume that it is more likely that he plays with a 4k resolution than anything else when he gets serious performance problems AFTER buying a 4k monitor.