REMOVE GRENADE

Deleted18269929User

Before you say "Git gud" and "learn to play/etc" take a moment to analyze the situation as i have...

Grenades - they're great in theory, in most games they have appeared in they have been used primarily with strategy and with elements of surprise. its not secret fallout 4 can capture both of those - keyword "CAN". but it has not.

here is the issue...

when a grenade is in the hands of the player they can dynamically lead the enemy out of cover by throwing one in his or her vicinity, if the enemy refuses to move they will die. this is obvious and it often times is a necessity. however i have noticed a phenomenon that EVERYONE who has ever played this mound of potential has noticed. grenades coming inwards are incredibly op (as in the game is no longer playable in a single player scenario) and in the thousands.

a more detailed note.

when a grenade comes in ones first instinct is to flee the area - this is not possible for several reasons which no-one dare try to mod.

1.) if you are caught ANYWHERE. and i mean ANYWHERE... in the radius you will die instantaneously unless you are in power armor.

2.) the fuse is so short that by the time a red indicator has flashed across your screen it has already proceeded to be half way through exploding.

3.) the grenades roll and bounce horrendously, 9 times out of 10 if the player is running away the grenade has already made it to the point of which they are fleeing to.

How to fix this.

1.) Remove grenades entirely from the list of weapons available to the enemy and to lootable containers ensuring that neither the player nor the enemy has assess to them

OR

2.) Scale the blast radius damage to - like the Molotov - harm instead of kill. i.e damage 1/4 or 1/3

OR

3.) increase the fuse time (LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME WITH GRENADES) to allow for the player to have a fighting chance at surviving.

---

A GOOD PLACE TO START?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12085/?

this mod allows you to remove molotovs, yet there is no mod to remove grenades... hardly sounds like a difficult job to bridge the gap for anyone who knows how to edit in the creation kit.

1.) if you are caught ANYWHERE. and i mean ANYWHERE... in the radius you will die instantaneously unless you are in power armor.

i don't. i dont use power armor ever and can survive grenade blasts as long as i am on or near the edge of the radius and at later levels i can straight tank frags at my feet.

2.) the fuse is so short that by the time a red indicator has flashed across your screen it has already proceeded to be half way through exploding.

never had this problem outside Molotovs

3.) the grenades roll and bounce horrendously, 9 times out of 10 if the player is running away the grenade has already made it to the point of which they are fleeing to.

probably because you went to the Prometheus School of Running Away From Things

the only issue i have really with grenades are how NPCs often spam them, though i usually can kill them faster then they can throw. dont believe i can kill faster then the NPCs can fight me? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/videos/5805/?

anyways i'll make a mod that reduces the blast damage for you and get back.

I don't see it as a problem as such.

the real chance that I'll be looking at a load screen if I run blindly into a mine field or rush through doors without checking for traps keeps me on my toes so to speak :)

can't have a sense of achievement if there are no obstacles to overcome :D

I don't see it as a problem as such.

the real chance that I'll be looking at a load screen if I run blindly into a mine field or rush through doors without checking for traps keeps me on my toes so to speak :smile:

can't have a sense of achievement if there are no obstacles to overcome :D

agreed. the cyber armor i used in my "previous" play throughs doesnt have a lot of armor only being on par with medium combat armor, so my DR wasnt all that high but it adds a lot of abilities such as slightly faster, higher jump, and better bashing. so i became a glass cannon... though later as you unlock more and more perks you begin to be able to take missiles to the chest and survive with half your health still intact.

the only issue i have really with grenades are how NPCs often spam them, though i usually can kill them faster then they can throw. dont believe i can kill faster then the NPCs can fight me? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/videos/5805/?

nice run through, but what is that gun and how many shots would it take from a .38 pipe gun to kill those raiders? :p

but seriously, even an OP gun needs to be aimed at the target to work. I'm glad I'm playing SP and not against you in a death match :D

its a SCAR-LK. the damage on it is about 120. those raiders though could just as easily killed me if they actually were able to hit me more then a handful of times... well some of them. about half had standard pipe guns and the rest had boosted guns.

but seriously, even an OP gun needs to be aimed at the target to work. I'm glad I'm playing SP and not against you in a death match

im naturally good in FPS games. just started CSGO and ranked as a Silver Elite right out the door before hitting 30 hours in game (currently holding 60). :D