My World has come to an End...

DragonKnightBob

... literally!

It's like my world just ends, and I dunno what's causing it. I'll start off playing, and it looks like this:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/DragonKnightBob/2012-02-23_00004.jpg

But I'll get really involved, maybe run through a fight or two, and turn around and this big expansive cavern/ruin I was in suddenly turns into this:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/DragonKnightBob/2012-02-23_00003.jpg

I'm posting this in mod talk because I'm assuming it's Streamline's doing; every time this happens, I click a half dozen buttons in Streamsight, and it goes back to normal. The weird bit though, is that this is still happening with streamsight deactivated. So I have no idea why this is happening, but it's a big immersion killer. Any suggestions on what I can do to solve this?

EDIT 1: It also seems to happen whenever I get in a fight; I offered to Vilja that we practice our skills and it immediately dropped into place. I tested it again and it happened when I went into conversation with her.

Edited by DragonKnightBob

I'm no Streamline expert (don't even have it downloaded in fact), but that looks like it's way of 'optimizing' to preserve your frames per second (use fog to put stuff into the 'if you can't see it the machine won't need to render it' category). On machines marginally able to play the game back when it was released that was a viable option (as opposed to spending lots of bucks for hardware upgrades). I think we've progressed a little ways past that today. Read up in the Streamline documentation and turn off all but Streamsaves (at least that's the advice I see from other Streamline users). The other downside to where you are now is Streamline has made a whole bunch of changes to your Oblivion.ini. Either restore your ini from the backup you made before installing Streamline (you did make a backup ... right?) or you'll need to delete Oblivion.ini (NOT Oblivion_default.ini) and then restart the game. It will build you a new Oblivion.ini with default settings, which you'll need to tweak again (if you tweaked your original, pre-Streamline Oblivion.ini).

You should be more specific to your problem, I can't tell if anything is wrong from the 2nd photo. Be more descriptive. Someone smart will come along and help you.. a lot of them here.

You're right; I was going to add it to paint and put a big red box around the problem, but I got lazy. The second photo shows how there's textures (walls, floor, etc), and then there's this big blue blob in the center of the screen, like an impenetrable layer of fog (but it's like the game just stops rendering everything after that point... you can tell best with the ceiling. Travelling away from the camera there's a stretch of normal texture, then wham. Nothing. The aylied chandelier is hanging in the middle of it, if that helps). If there's an enemy behind that wall of 'fog', he still acts as normal, but I can't see anything past a certain point. The original picture was to illustrate how, in a loooong hall, you could see from one to the other end with no problems. After about 5 minutes playing though, the wall of fog drops down about 200 ft on every side of me.

I'll try the backup ini; I've had to reinstall my game enough times by now to back everything up. I also alleviated the problem a bit by turning Auto FOV on, to at least stop the fog from dropping every time I go into a conversation window, though it still happens after a few minutes on its own.

Go into the Streamline ingame - turn off Streamsight and maybe Streamsmooth as well (you can leave Streampurge and Streamsave on). Then either save and reload or go to a completely different cell and see if the draw distance fixes itself... it worked for me. :P