MGE XE irrepairably shows error report

Smonsch

Hey guys,

so I would like to play some Morrowind again with the MCP and the MGE XE (as it was recommended to me) While the MCP does not make any problems, the MGE however begins to drive me crazy.

The story is: I was installing it for the first time nad everything worked out, the MGEXEgui.exe file started, I chose my preferences and tried it. But the game felt really laggy and I was not able to play. So the first thing that came to my mind was changing the maxFPS rate and reduce some AA and stuff. But I was never able to change this. When I wanted to execute the MGEXEgui again, it showed me the error report "Error - Morrowind appears to be currently running. Please quit the game before exeguting MGEgui.exe". But Morrowind was not running. No Morrowind related processes were detectable via the task manager and even after a PC restart the error was the same. And even after completely uninstalling the game and reinstalling both Morrowind and the MGE I could not get rid of it. Morrowind most certainly is not running, I have no idea how MGE thinks it does.

For fun I was trying to start MGE when the game was completely uninstalled, just to see what it does, and even then it told me that Morrowind is running and i should quit it...

Some specs:

• I use the gog.com version of the game, which is the 1.6 GOTY
  • I followed the instraction for installation of MCP and MGE as shwn here, which is basically just extracting the files from both MCP and MGE into the Morrowind main folder (i downloaded both from nexusmods; the links from the linked video)
  • Morrowind is not installed on C:\Program Files

I would be really tankful for any kind of advice. What annoys me most is that I just can not get back to a state zero, where I can just configure MGE as the first time and I have no idea why...

Edited by Smonsch

This is probably best asked in the MGE XE thread where hrnchamd has a chance to see it. It's not an error I've heard of before and I don't know how MGE XE works out if morrowind.exe is running.

Not sure but do you close down GOG Galaxy (assuming you're using it) before launching MGEXE GUI? Maybe there's something with that??