Why does everybody hate me?

AleCuneo

Did you attack and kill Elwen and the other Thalmor?

No. The Embassy quest requires you to get downstairs in the dungeon and rescue some poor guy that's being tortured. To do so you have to kill a few Thalmor guards. Same thing to steal the dossiers from Elewen's bedroom.

Every man and his dog has people putting bounties and contracts on you for no apparent reason, that's just part of the game.

Yeah, it's great fun! I was merely confused as to why it happened to me all at once and just after completing the Thalmor Embassy quest. I repeat, I watched how it was supposed to be done on YouTube but as my chest was empty of equipment I just had to find another way to do it. Regardless of whether I had my own armor or not I still managed to steal the dossiers Delphine asked for and rescue the prisoner. After that I only had to get out which wasn't too difficult seeing as I have majored on sneaking.

Just to throw a bit more light on the original issue, I may have stumbled on the reason things went awry for me. In one of the factions I got invited to become an Imperial legionnaire which I agreed to but never completed the quest. In another I was asked to join the Stormcloaks which I also agreed to and as before, never completed the quest.

During normal game play I came across an encampment of Stomcloaks who were hostile to me. Their telling me to back off and mind my own business was a red rag to a bull resulting in unadulterated slaughter. :)

As I later discovered, these 2 factions are at war with each other so you cannot be a member of both sides (or can you?). To cut a long story short, both Riften and Riverwood are populated by Stormcloaks which I suppose is why they hated me so much. The good thing about Skyrim is you can murder whoever you wish and pay the penalty plus do jail time amounting to 2 seconds. ROFLMAO!! After doing my time I'm no longer considered an enemy by the Stormcloaks, well at least not until one of them dares to say "Hey, watch the magic!" to me again. :D

Edited by AleCuneo

it is in fact you the kindly Aldmeri are seaking. :woot:

Yes, I don't know what came over me, the note is talking about me but I have to ask (before you edit it), are you not slightly confused? I mean, I was always under the impression that other than the helicopter, the seaking's name was Poseidon, not Aldmeri. Perhaps you meant soaking like Poseidon must have been when he left home for a brief stroll?

• 4 years later...
  • 6 years later...