Clean Data Folder

Axisdeath

This really isn't a mod, but a request none the less.

There are time when i simply want to erase all my mods from my data folder and start from scratch, but I also know there are several vanilla game files in their that are required as well, so i can't just delete all. To me, and I'm sure other, it would be helpful if someone would upload a vanilla data folder so i could just delete all in my own, and take that one.

Why don't you just un- and reinstall the game? Surely it would be faster than waiting for someone to upload a vanilla data file.

Also, to spare you the nightmare it is to have to manually find and remove mod data in the future I suggest you use a mod manager for easier mod handling (and deletion).

Why don't you just un- and reinstall the game? Surely it would be faster than waiting for someone to upload a vanilla data file.

Also, to spare you the nightmare it is to have to manually find and remove mod data in the future I suggest you use a mod manager for easier mod handling (and deletion).

You'd be surprised, that actually does not work. I'v tried it before to get rid of my mods because i was having crashing issues. They all stay. It's like your data folder is separate from the actual game.

I delevoped the habit of deleting all folders realted to bethesda games when uninstalling, because the uninstaller only uninstalls vanilla files. Just delete steamapps\common\skyrim and user\documents\my games\skyrim

If you want to keep your save files, copy the saves folder from my games\skyrim\saves, put it in a temporary location, and move it back when you reinstalled the game.

Also, crashes may actually be caused by the game missing files from uninstalled mods - which data is kept in your save files - so your game might still be unstable after completely reinstalling. I heard there is a new patch coming up fixing this issue, so if this is your problem you'll just have to wait.

Good luck ;]

I delevoped the habit of deleting all folders realted to bethesda games when uninstalling, because the uninstaller only uninstalls vanilla files. Just delete steamapps\common\skyrim and user\documents\my games\skyrim

If you want to keep your save files, copy the saves folder from my games\skyrim\saves, put it in a temporary location, and move it back when you reinstalled the game.

Also, crashes may actually be caused by the game missing files from uninstalled mods - which data is kept in your save files - so your game might still be unstable after completely reinstalling. I heard there is a new patch coming up fixing this issue, so if this is your problem you'll just have to wait.

Good luck ;]

Actually, the crashes were entirely unrelated to any mod what so ever haha. For some reason, it was full screen. I had been using full screen for some time, and all of a sudden it started crashing only when i went into full screen. Played on window for a week, went back to full screen and it worked perfectly. Weird, huh?

• 5 years later...