greybeards attack me

slohand

• 2 months later...

Umm, ok. For me it was because Deadly Dragons had Important NPCs set as essential. So far... worked once anyway... Fired follower. Set deadly dragon to not essentual npcs. Seems to work.

Don't know if the first forcegreet and the identical speech that happens when you talk before the forcegreet (Arngier) are messing something.

Edit- nevermind.... Trying it with notsofast main quest delayer uninstalled.... Nope... Maybe a mod to add the greybeards to player/follower faction? So dragons wouldn't be affected by adding the player to the grey beard faction? Tired now. Good night.

EDIT02- ok thinl i got the fix. Open console, click on Arngeir, type 'sifh 1' to toggle whether an actor will react to friendly fire., then speak to him for the first time and try not to hit any of the others.

Edited by templeofninpo

This happened to me as well with a couple characters. But....i was able to find A pattern, all the characters this happened to I had actually had join the Dark Brotherhood. On the characters I hadn't joined the Dark brotherhood, they were fine, and I didn't have this problem.

Only after I finished at least the Dark brotherhood quest where I had to kill one of that Hammerfell red hooded assassin side contracts where that guy was hiding in a tent outside a mill did I receive the problem.

So next time I guess:

*finish the main quest to the point in where you no longer have to be asked to shout at both the greybeards OR Paarthunax (Just to be certain)

*then, after you'be done that you can join the Dark brotherhood and everything should be fine. Hope this helps. :)

Edited by lefttounge

• 4 years later...

I ran across the same problem and this should help; if you used a removeallfactions command in the console it makes your disposition 0 to the greybeards so upon using said shout they get angry. doing this helped alleviate the problem; player.addfac 0002c6c8 1 or just do a search, "greybeard" and find the faction. I was experimenting with an animal friend console system and it caused to many bugs so I did a player.removeallfactions command that apparently wiped the board clean. upon doing the first part of the quest you are added to the Greybeard faction. my guess is it was made specifically to keep this bug from happening. That might also explain why dragons have mysteriously become friendly xD. that was interesting but game breaking.

That helped, thanks a lot!