1,000W power supply question

Is it absolutely necessary to go with a 1,000W power supply for the following build?

Can I get away with a high quality 860W like the Corsair AX860?

*Core i7 7700K

*16GB DDR4

*ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 motherboard

*2-way SLI GTX 1080 8GB ASUS STRIX/RoG series

If you look at the max power draw of your gpu's + cpu you're around 700W with the cpu being a bit moodier it could take a few watts more.

So yes, a 860W psu should be good. If you take the 1000W or the 860W one is up to your personal preference.

I would probably go with the 1000W one to have some room and a bit more efficiency (even if it's just a ittle bit better).

Edited by L3s7ing

If you look at the max power draw of your gpu's + cpu you're around 700W with the cpu being a bit moodier it could take a few watts more.

So yes, a 860W psu should be good. If you take the 1000W or the 860W one is up to your personal preference.

I would probably go with the 1000W one to have some room and a bit more efficiency (even if it's just a ittle bit better).

I just picked this up today, is it a good choice?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139044&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Power+Supplies-_-N82E16817139044&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9tz6rI2W1QIVlGF-Ch3RHAnZEAQYASABEgLWe_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Can confirm this. I'm using a similar psu and it runs like a charm. Most times completely silent and otherwise still very quiet.
Corsair also has one of the best supports I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

i was having the same dilema earlier this week for essentially the same build. i went the same route as you ddi and got this, upgrading from a 650W

Best of luck to you!