Are Mods Non-Commercial?

Then why does nexus have donate buttons for bethesda games? Because your tipping the mod author and not giving money for any specific mod to be developed or supported.

because Dark0ne asked Beth if it was okay and they said yes for the donation button. Patreon was specifically mentioned as a no and Tipjar isn't allowed either.

Substance has a student program but I'm unsure what qualifications are needed for it. Mari afaik is more geared towards VFX and the film industry, while the others are more often used for games.

I wonder if using the student version of 3ds max for mods is ok...or maybe i should just stick with blender

Substance has a student program but I'm unsure what qualifications are needed for it. Mari afaik is more geared towards VFX and the film industry, while the others are more often used for games.

I wonder if using the student version of 3ds max for mods is ok...or maybe i should just stick with blender

You can to look at a license of any program. It usually tells you how you can use the program and createrd content. Gimp is free and allows you to create content of any type. Blender - the same . I don`t know about the 3ds max student version. But it might have limited functionality.

You can to look at a license of any program. It usually tells you how you can use the program and createrd content. Gimp is free and allows you to create content of any type. Blender - the same . I don`t know about the 3ds max student version. But it might have limited functionality.

Well, like with Mari, it says "This CANNOT be used to create content where a fee is charged" and "this cannot be used for video tutorials" but I can't ever find where it expressly says NOT to use it for a free mod or for free content

Well, like with Mari, it says "This CANNOT be used to create content where a fee is charged" and "this cannot be used for video tutorials" but I can't ever find where it expressly says NOT to use it for a free mod or for free content

I think the only way to know for sure is to contact them. They had some license details page on their site, but it does not work now. With 3ds max it depends on your plans. It`s good to know such programs if you a going to make a career in modelling. But for crerating fully functional models (with collisions) for FO4 the only working program is 3ds max 2013 that is very difficult to find.