RookieQuestion: Vanilla MOD?

MrNiceKai

Hi everyone.

I am still learning the creation kit at the moment.

From time to time I take a look to the mods on this side and other pages and there is one thing I noticed some times - and it is not only to a specific game.

What does VANILLA mod mean?

Tried to find it via google, but there are many mods for many games, but no explanation what a vanilla mod has to be.

Can someone explain it to me with some words?
Or do you have a pagelink?

thx

If I had to hazard a guess, a "vanilla" mod would be one that doesn't use any additional assets, outside of what came with the base game. (yes, it would exclude DLC's.) So, in order to use it, you only need the base game.

mmh.
Two different answers now^^.

Okay, after your information should it be:

The Base Game, within the files, that are not used with the base game, but included and delivered?

Like HeyYou said, I think it means a mod that only requires the base game to use. So a mod for Skyrim that requires SKSE and/or Dawnguard would not be considered a "Vanilla" mod.

mmh.

Two different answers now^^.

Okay, after your information should it be:

The Base Game, within the files, that are not used with the base game, but included and delivered?

Hehehe,at least you have answers,hell some don't ever get their posts answered.If it were me i'd either download a vanilla mod and see what it adds to the game or use the info so far acquired to search the internet.

well, folks refer to Skyrim/Fallout 4 as "vanilla", if you don't have any DLC. :D

Well that's abundantly clear,what else do you have in your pocket?A mouse maybe,a giraffe,a pickled tarantula?

Hehe you are so bloody annoying i love you.You're like my little brother he was a pain in the ass too.

Edited by gandalftw

well, folks refer to Skyrim/Fallout 4 as "vanilla", if you don't have any DLC. :D

Well that's abundantly clear,what else do you have in your pocket?A mouse maybe,a giraffe,a pickled tarantula?

Hehe you are so bloody annoying i love you.You're like my little brother he was a pain in the ass too.

Ya know, us folks in the Little Brothers Guild get paid extra for that. :D