[LE] CK: No Recast - Does Not Seem To Work - Help?

I have made a modified ver. of the Calm, Fear & Fury spells.

I would like to make it so that they can only be applied once per enemy.

The CK page on magic effects states that No Recast is what I want.

Either

A) This does not work

B) I have misunderstood

C) ?

Any useful info on this subject, would be appreciated.

Thank you. :)

You can probably set the Target conditions to HasMagicEffect [effecthere] == 0.00. So that the effect wont apply to the target if the effect is already on it.

Ok. I'll have to regain my bearings in the CK to find where you mean. Once I do, I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

After re reading your reponse & hearing what lofgren had to say, this sounds like what No Recast already does. So this is not what I am looking for. Thank you for responding. :)

Edited by NexTextGorilla

No recast will prevent the effect from being applied again from the same source if the target already has the effect from that source. Is that what you are trying to do?

Well...don't I feel silly. I must not have absorbed it completely.

I want to only allow casting of these spells once per enemy, to remove the lure of spell mashing. Too powerful. Good to soften up groups of toughies.

Thanks for making that clear. I will try what TheDungeonDweller suggested & see if that works.

If you want the effect to never apply again to the same enemy even after the effect has ended, you'll have come up with a way of making the enemy somehow.

Really?... There is no way even via script? If this is true, then my dream ends now, ha ha. Thanks for your input.

Uhm, don't give up just yet. There's always ways of doing something. Always when I want to do something in the game, I dig as deep as I can to see if I can pull off a proof of concept.

If you know how to script, then you can script these effects where, an ability is added to the actors that make them immune to the effect.. as these are constant effect, this immunity could be permanent. Prior to casting the spells, the ability's spell conditions need to be set to not fire until the effect of the other spell is gone.

I'm saying, keep working with the condition system. Look here: http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Condition_Functions

and see what you can use.

Heck you can even prevent certain things from happening on the same day more than once by restricting said action to wait a different day, hours, weeks, or months, hell even years.

Edited by TheDungeonDweller

If you want the effect to never apply again to the same enemy even after the effect has ended, you'll have come up with a way of making the enemy somehow.

Really?... There is no way even via script? If this is true, then my dream ends now, ha ha. Thanks for your input.

I didn't say there is no way, just that you have to find some way to tag the NPCs. You could add them to a formlist or apply a secondary magic effect with a very long duration and condition the influence spells to not affect NPCs with the second effect. Or come up with some other approach.