Please explain it to me.

Stronglav

Settlements attacTo say that Im pissed oof is nothing.Im raging.

During some quest I missed an attck on my Starlight settlement.This is one of the my most fortified settlements and it has 800 defence.

But never the less I got the message that Starlight got damaged during an attack.HOW THE F@@@@@??????

800 DEFENCE!!!!

Someone please explain to me how this game extrapolates attacks on the settlements and how the settlement with 800 DEFENCE!!!! gets damaged???

• Measures the apparent defenses the settlement has, based on settlement buildings with defense ratings. Only provided by defenses built at a workshop; mines do not count toward settlement defense rating, even though they can destroy attacking forces if the player character is also present. Some creatures able to be captured using cages (featured in Wasteland Workshop) also add to the defense rating, such as deathclaws and yao guais.
  • Each point of defense lowers the chance of an attack by 1%.
  • Each population unit lowers the chance of an attack by 0.5%, in addition to any other defensive value the settler provides.
  • Each unit of food and water production at the settlement increases the chance of attack by 0.1%.
  • Each edible and/or drinkable item stored in a settlement's workbench increases the chance of attack by 0.1%.
  • The minimum chance of an attack upon a settlement per day is 2%, regardless of defenses. The maximum chance is unknown, but assumed to be 100%. Whatever the chance is, a settlement cannot be attacked if it has already been attacked in the last 7 in-game days.
  • Dependencies: people, power (with certain turrets and traps)

The defense values do not directly correlate with actual combat efficiency. A Mk. 5 machine gun turret can kill enemies several times faster than a Mk. 1 heavy machine gun turret, but will contribute less to the settlement defense value.

the quests will always damage the settlement if it is attacked and you do not respond. the actual defense is meaningless for said quests.

• Measures the apparent defenses the settlement has, based on settlement buildings with defense ratings. Only provided by defenses built at a workshop; mines do not count toward settlement defense rating, even though they can destroy attacking forces if the player character is also present. Some creatures able to be captured using cages (featured in Wasteland Workshop) also add to the defense rating, such as deathclaws and yao guais.
  • Each point of defense lowers the chance of an attack by 1%.
  • Each population unit lowers the chance of an attack by 0.5%, in addition to any other defensive value the settler provides.
  • Each unit of food and water production at the settlement increases the chance of attack by 0.1%.
  • Each edible and/or drinkable item stored in a settlement's workbench increases the chance of attack by 0.1%.
  • The minimum chance of an attack upon a settlement per day is 2%, regardless of defenses. The maximum chance is unknown, but assumed to be 100%. Whatever the chance is, a settlement cannot be attacked if it has already been attacked in the last 7 in-game days.
  • Dependencies: people, power (with certain turrets and traps)

The defense values do not directly correlate with actual combat efficiency. A Mk. 5 machine gun turret can kill enemies several times faster than a Mk. 1 heavy machine gun turret, but will contribute less to the settlement defense value.

the quests will always damage the settlement if it is attacked and you do not respond. the actual defense is meaningless for said quests.

Thank you.Might as well not to place defences at all whats the point?Nice job Bethesda....

i get messages that say i defended a settlement without having gone there. Not sure if its a mod compatibility issue or what but a settlement with an 800 defense should take care of itself. It could have something to do with my sentry bots. I set up several robot only settlements and run all my supply lines with sentry bots from those hubs. There are sentry bots all over the place blowing up stuff. When i go to defend a settlement when they are there i dont have to do much. Pity the fool who attacks one of those sentry bot hubs. As previously stated there will always be a 2% chance of attack so you cant get around the occasional defend message but the well defended locations should defend themselves and they do for me. Wish i could tell you why that doesnt seem to be working for you.

Some of my settlements have around 3400 defense, but water pumps, corn and mutfruit trees will still suffer damage if I am busy doing something else. Also, bed count dramatically diminishes although the same amount of beds is present when I visit afterward.