Please explain it to me.

Stronglav

It's OK having loads of defence but isn't it almost as important to have the defence targeted where it is needed ? I have played the game enough times to know exactly where attackers will spawn and I always have that area ringed with bubble turrets.

In the early days Murkwater Construction used to be attacked by a Mirelurk Queen every single time I went there and at one point the 20 settlers were reduced to just 5. However I found that when I covered the marsh part in solid foundation blocks it stopped the Queen spawning altogether.

I just use a mod to disable settlement attacks altogether. It is a seriously flawed mechanic, and I would just as soon do without it.

I do the same for similar reasons. Really got annoyed getting attack messages while trying to play in Far Harbor. NSA (No Settlement Attacks) took care if that problem. Combined with the mod (can't recall the name) that moves attack points outside of settlements makes the game far more enjoyable.

The amount of crops and water stored in a settlement workshop is definitely a factor in calculating attacks. Kinda hard to monitor that when you're in a different worldspace just trying to play the game.

same. attacks disabled. I've had over 2000 def in some places and it doesn't seem to matter. (it is spectacular to watch though, especially at night)

Note: rocket turrets while fun, are not good around settlers (who are absolute idiots).

:D

same. attacks disabled. I've had over 2000 def in some places and it doesn't seem to matter. (it is spectacular to watch though, especially at night)

Note: rocket turrets while fun, are not good around settlers (who are absolute idiots).

:D

It does not matter, because base defense is capped at 100. Max defense is 200, but half of it seems to be d100 roll, where 150 halves the change again for defender's favor. If I have understood it right, then max A: 200 and D:200 gives 25%/75% change for settlers to loose/win the attack.

I still place few extra turrets in to more critical points in the settlement. Calculation may not notice them, but I rather keep my crops and generators intact. Settlers can fix everything else, but it is always best to deal with those in person anyway. I don't know if settlers actually fix crops themselves, but I have never seen them to do so.

Was someone living there? No one attacks, unless no one lives in the settlement.

Kingsport Lighthouse is actually very popular as a private player home. It is not exactly at the center of things, but it is slightly nicer are than most small settlements.

I use no offscreen settlement attacks.

attacks only happen when you are there and if you have a few turrets and guards it is an easy win.

heavily defended settlements can often kill all the raiders before you realise where they are attacking from.

good for easy XP and loads of weapons and junk.